Welborne Labs 45 Star Chief SET Amps

emmvette

For sale is an awesome pair of Welborne Labs 45 Star Chief monoblock amps. This pair was factory assembled and functions as intended. They are dead quiet. These are 1.8 watts output, which is plenty for an efficient set of speakers unless you are trying to have an outdoor concert.

The Star Chiefs are Welborn's top of the line SET amps. They include the following upgrades over the DRD45s: Caddock Foil resistors, Riedon non-inductive wirewound resistors, pure silver solid-core Teflon wrapped wire, a completely redone power supply incorporating a regulated capacitor-choke-fet-capacitor design for the high voltage, ceramic fuses, and NO Electrolytic caps. A film cap is used for the 6N1P's cathode bypass capacitor, a film capacitor bypasses the Ultrapath ASC oil caps.

Construction is "top notch" with a heavy aluminum plates on top and solid Bubinga wood base and Cardas 5 way binding posts. Tubes are National Union 45s and Svetlana 61NPs. Components are quality such as Electra-Print output transformers and plate chokes, and Hammond power chokes.

Local pickup and a listening session is encouraged; shipping will be two insured boxes about 55 pounds total, with an estimated cost of $65 to either coast.

The price is $1,450 plus shipping.

If you have ever wanted a pair of these, now is your chance. They don't come up for sale often.

IMG_08971_zps42cbe969.jpg

IMG_09011_zps2a499abe.jpg

IMG_09021_zpscac03b7d.jpg

Second Amp:

IMG_09041_zps567b98c4.jpg

IMG_09051_zps53973fc3.jpg

IMG_09081_zps54e45e1b.jpg

Posted 12:56, Sold 1:34. Wow, 38 minutes from start to finish.

This must be a record. Reminds me of the time we sold our house in one day. I could not help but be plagued by the inevitable question for years afterword's. Congratulations all.

Posted 12:56, Sold 1:34. Wow, 38 minutes from start to finish.

This must be a record. Reminds me of the time we sold our house in one day. I could not help but be plagued by the inevitable question for years afterword's. Congratulations all.

Not a record at all i must ad. These are very rare difficult to get these days amps that others only try to copy and sub par to near nothing. So many items sell on this forum through pm not ever posted for the community to get the option. Your Jm unit for 1...more than just myself have our eyes on it once you get tired of it because it is so ultra refined. Cheers!

owe ps. eth2...I would not even take your 901's if you shipped them to me for free lol not that you would ever consider, just a simple example of true quality and bs(Bs is the ultra staple that keeps bose together.)

Beeker,

A simple case of BOSE envy.

Edited by Hornmiester