Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

HSU used to say one in the corner and one in the middle of the room somewhere to get the smoothest response. That always made sense to me, except they never discussed how to get the power cable and interconnect(s) to it.

PK named those four loudspeakers, that makes them Heritage to me. Audiovox purchasing Klipsch doesn't mean they erased Hunter's brain or burned up his library.

Edited by DeanG
  • Like 1

HSU used to say one in the corner and one in the middle of the room somewhere to get the smoothest response. That always made sense to me, except they never discussed how to get the power cable and interconnect(s) to it.

PK named those four loudspeakers, that makes them Heritage to me. Audiovox purchasing Klipsch doesn't mean they erased Hunter's brain or burned up his library.

Dean,

Where do you get that Hunter had anything to do with that particular piece of information on the web site??????

Why don't we just ask Roy at next years gathering??

Roger

I too would like to congratulate you, LaScala in the center is best. I recently moved the chairs back from the front wall and noticed a big improvement, seems the bass needs room to develop while giving the mids and highs a chance to mellow. This may mess up your floor plan but for me it created a dance hall in the center of the room for my wife and daughter to act goofy.

Jim Hunter is the official Klipsch Historian. I don't think he would sit still for any BS related to matters involving PK's loudspeakers or anything else for that matter. It's hard to imagine a situation involving fact gathering for the website and the guy who knows everything about everything not being consulted.

• Like 3

• Moderators
congrats on your heritage purchase, if you are going to keep them over the 63's in that room, take em out in the garage and Paint em Black.

Just curious why I would want to do that and mess up their beautiful finish? The would be placed behind a false wall so they wouldn't need to match the black color scheme.

• Like 1

congrats on your heritage purchase, if you are going to keep them over the 63's in that room, take em out in the garage and Paint em Black.

Just curious why I would want to do that and mess up their beautiful finish? The would be placed behind a false wall so they wouldn't need to match the black color scheme.
Budman has become a Klipsch Heritage Goth . . . He is trying to proselytize. ;-) Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 1

Ok, I have no intentions of painting the LaScalas. LOL

Budman's deep into Heritage too . . . he is practically all walnut and cherry with his. (In his signature above.). Great guy!

Edited by Rhetor

Just curious why I would want to do that and mess up their beautiful finish? .

beautiful finish, walnut stain on plywood ?

this is a beautiful finish

post-12513-0-49500000-1398111574_thumb.j

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Jim Hunter is the official Klipsch Historian. I don't think he would sit still for any BS related to matters involving PK's loudspeakers or anything else for that matter. It's hard to imagine a situation involving fact gathering for the website and the guy who knows everything about everything not being consulted.

I know exactly who Jim Hunter is, that doesn't mean that "IF" he was consulted, that he is aware or that human foul up / error could not be involved. You are assuming / guessing, nothing more until you have talked to the man or Roy, it is total BS!!

Roger

I've got a call into Kevin Harmon. I'll post Roy's answer here after I get it from the source.

Roger

If the forte and chorus do not fall into a heritage category then they must be nothing such as what reference, kg etc...happen to be. Relax my friend. Whatever a tcsm klipschorn is happens to be on no list for heritage as well. The best to you.

I've got a call into Kevin Harmon. I'll post Roy's answer here after I get it from the source.

Roger

If the forte and chorus do not fall into a heritage category then they must be nothing such as what reference, kg etc...happen to be. Relax my friend. Whatever a tcsm klipschorn is happens to be on no list for heritage as well. The best to you.

Didn't say TSCM was heritage, it is a Pro Version of the Klipschorn. When they had two Klipschorn cabinets that were what would be considered "B" stock, they built them into TSCMs and painted them black. My TSCMs still have their veneer under the paint and this is supported by literature on the TSCM and people who were there at the time.

Roger

• Like 1

Undertood and appreciated...I appreciate all facts from klipsch to a T as you do as well. The lost 3 as it may be stated may be of no actual descent although that is so difficult to understand, no platform for them to stand upon?... They have to be of the final heritage standards/possibilities. As far as it can be found the only label to put these 3 or 5 with the second series has to fall under a final PWK if not directly handled Pauls blessing and appreciation was developed to a point at this notion.

• Like 1

Google, "Klipsch Jim Hunter"

One of the things that will come up is the four part video that Jim did on the museum, it's excellent. In one of those videos is a picture of PWK standing with some loudspeakers -- one which is clearly the Chorus.

If you guys want, I can shoot Hunter an email and ask.

Edited by DeanG
  • Like 2

Roger

Hey Beeker,

Look up "Feeding the TSCM fever" and you will find out about TSCMs. Thought you might like to learn about them??

Roger