Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

The Ht I was talking about was designed much like yours, you could not see any speakers, the front 3 were behind something very similar to what you have.

I've considered something like that where you have the "False Wall" be mostly plywood and fabric. Only problem is I need the front wall to house the equipment so I would need to be able to access it with a "door" of some kind. Plus, I would want my screen to be almost the width of the room since I'm using a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

I would love to hear Indy's room. I bet it does sound absolutely fantastic!

I am making my front wall be a screen that will go almost wall to wall... The front speakers, and one of the Danley DTS-10 subs will all be behind the AT screen wall. The width channels will be in the left and right corners and the rack will be above the left width channel. The width channels and equipment rack will all be behind a black transparent cloth screen. We are not doing a baffle wall so the walls behind the screen will be heavily dampened with black dampening material..

Man Ron, that sounds like a sick setup. Wish I was closer to come hear it.

You need another LaScala not a Belle. :)

Why so? A belle has a smaller profile and would likely fit better in my room.

The horn is bigger on the La Scala, plus it is the same speaker, and cost less.

• Like 1

I hope to have mine ready in July... Waiting to get some more cash to be able to do it. The bills are a bit high right now to complete the HT, so the progress is slow but we have all the electronics except I need some more EV DH1A drivers to finish it off.

Edited by Ron

• Moderators

Listening to boxenkiller on youtube. Can't turn it up cause the wife is in bed. Sounds great but still no comparison in the bottem end between the Lascala and the RF-83's. I can feel the 83's in my chest, definitely not with the LaScalas

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

with music all i can say is my belle rf7ii comparison lasted an hour if that. for theater with rc64ii center with both rf7ii and belle comparison it was interesting. the belle setup with rc64ii cleaned house very fast. at that point i simply was drawn to heritage for both music and theater. the heresy to me is superb as center as well as surround duty. i prefer newer pro heresy ported design to the 3, heresy, ii or 3 although all heresy in upstanding working condition work extremely well.

thats what im limited to on personal use with what i find to be true. i have not used much larger mcm jubilee or other pro gear. i just know for a fact that the sweet heritage sound(or heritage based, heresy in particular)with good networks,drivers and proper enclosure are very tough on any comparison with klipsch reference.

I also will add the rf83 in my opinion for both music and theater provide greater performance than the rf7&rf7ii in stock form with use of a subwoofer.

• Like 1

• Moderators
I've considered something like that where you have the "False Wall" be mostly plywood and fabric. Only problem is I need the front wall to house the equipment so I would need to be able to access it with a "door" of some kind. Plus, I would want my screen to be almost the width of the room since I'm using a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

I see what your saying, Rogers equipment room was that door you see open on the left. Those red curtains could be pulled to cover the screen, in the front he built a riser kind of like a stage. He had everything wired so you could get on the stage for karaoke using the HT speakers, even special lighting for it. It was really nice. Roger has been really busy and don't post much but he is doing fine.

• Moderators

Listening to boxenkiller on youtube. Can't turn it up cause the wife is in bed. Sounds great but still no comparison in the bottem end between the Lascala and the RF-83's. I can feel the 83's in my chest, definitely not with the LaScalas

just my opinion.......................

At lower volumes you won't get a lot of bass but it will be very tight, with volume it does better, outside you will open it up a little and it will surprise you.

Not hearing any Heritage before, years ago Michael Colter bought a pair of LaScalas that was about 1.5 hours from me so I went and picked them up for him and hold them until he could pick them up.

I asked what they sounded like and could I lightly try them promising I wouldn't abuse them. He laughed and said hook them up and let it rip they will be fine don't worry.

Well like you I was a little surprised at the bass but thought the top half was amazing compared to the Synergys models I had. The next day it was just my wife and I here and I cranked it up a little and they really came alive we both loved them, a little more power and we both stood there shocked and amazed and the Lascala just coasted along not even breaking a sweat. I knew then why Michael was not worried about me breaking his speakers.

I liked the sound so much I somewhat copied the idea for outside where they can breathe

I bet when you turn em up you will feel it in the chest! You can always get some Danley subs to go all horn, and horn loaded. :) You could also make some 1/4 pies and mate your horns to them (it will also make them lower but wider by almost double).

Edited by Ron

• Moderators

and now he is down the rabbit hole.........

Where does the hole lead to I want to know....

Youth,

It leads to the Pro Line!!! :ph34r:

Rog

NO DON'T DO IT YOUTHMAN somebody get him away from there quick it's bad for him, he's a nice guy and all spare him. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Congrats youth. All you have left are corns and khorns. Like tasdom said it becomes a hard choice. For me I made two ht rooms. That was the only way I could stop thinking what if. I look at it like if I'm going to upgrade my main ht and take a loss on selling speakers. I want the upgrade to be huge. Like the 402 horns or something that level. Heratige vs the top reference is imo to close for ht and if better it's not a huge jump. Now If I went back in time that would be a different story. I would have saved money and gone used heritage. That's my 2cents congrats :)

Man Ron, that sounds like a sick setup. Wish I was closer to come hear it.

You need another LaScala not a Belle. :)

Why so? A belle has a smaller profile and would likely fit better in my room.

The horn is bigger on the La Scala, plus it is the same speaker, and cost less.

The LaScala has the better mid horn and the Belle has the better bass bin and profile .

Soo , you should probably get 3 Belles for the front and stick the Scalas in the back .

In all seriousness though it's cool to see someone rolling through different speaker combinations Klipsch or not .