Youthman's First Heritage Speakers...the LaScalas

Youthman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Only update is my screen came in. It was HUGE! Like way too much fabric huge. LOL. When I told them I didn't want the "Precision Cut", I thought that meant that I wanted a non-angled 150" screen but instead, they sent me enough fabric for me to angle it myself and cut it myself. It was only about $20 difference so no biggie. Since I have the extra fabric, I'll angle and cut it.

Wake will be working on building the front wall in his spare time so I'm not in a hurry.

• Like 2

You are gonna love it! I am currently viewing the screen as about 150", and it looks great. The first night I had the screen partially installed and we were laying on the floor with it about 12' away and it looked great. Last night we watched a moving on the second row stage and it looked great. At no time have I been able to see the screen texture. :)

Funny...I think I had a dream last night about the new screen. I will be sitting a few feet closer than you are...around 9'.

I played around with the lens memory and now my 2.35:1 movies are within 1' of the sides which is around 160". :)

• Like 1

Funny...I think I had a dream last night about the new screen. I will be sitting a few feet closer than you are...around 9'.

I played around with the lens memory and now my 2.35:1 movies are within 1' of the sides which is around 160". :)

Wow that must be huge congrats!

It is so nice to have it automatically zoom and focus in for a movie... That was the final bit I needed for the HT picture (besides needing a close throw projector with the same features so I can hit the last bit of picture size).

Youthman... YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE NEW SETUP!

Wow that must be huge congrats!

It is so nice to have it automatically zoom and focus in for a movie... That was the final bit I needed for the HT picture (besides needing a close throw projector with the same features so I can hit the last bit of picture size).

Youthman... YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE NEW SETUP!

Yes I love my lens memory. It really is huge if your going with a scope screen.

• Like 1

Not really needed if you don't have a scope screen. But I love being able to hit a button and go one aspect to another. I'm surprised more projectors don't have it. I was really shocked how few in the 3k and lower price range. The panny and jvc seem to be it. Sony has it in the higher end models. ( that was a year ago so not sure if more are around now).

• Like 1

Not really needed if you don't have a scope screen. But I love being able to hit a button and go one aspect to another. I'm surprised more projectors don't have it. I was really shocked how few in the 3k and lower price range. The panny and jvc seem to be it. Sony has it in the higher end models. ( that was a year ago so not sure if more are around now).

My wife loved the auto feature too. :) I am glad I went this route.