Best flagship A/V receiver?

Kain

Okay, what if I get the Parasound Halo A 51 amp? What preamp should I get that is good value?

Whoa where did that come from. first and foremost the Parasound A51 is a fantastic amp. You could go with any of the receivers you were looking at and add this amp for power an dyou likely wouldn’t need to change it for a very very long time. Parasound in general makes excellent amp and pre-amps. I almost went with the parasound halo amps but opted to go with anthem’s products. You will be extremely happy with the parasound!

What is your budget for amp and pre amp or avr?

• Like 1

Okay, what if I get the Parasound Halo A 51 amp? What preamp should I get that is good value?

Whoa where did that come from. first and foremost the Parasound A51 is a fantastic amp. You could go with any of the receivers you were looking at and add this amp for power an dyou likely wouldn’t need to change it for a very very long time. Parasound in general makes excellent amp and pre-amps. I almost went with the parasound halo amps but opted to go with anthem’s products. You will be extremely happy with the parasound!

Wow if your going to get a nice amp then go with the Marantz AV8801 for sure

Wow if your going to get a nice amp then go with the Marantz AV8801 for sure

I think the only advantage of the Marantz AVP over the Denon 4520ci is that it has balanced outputs, and possible nicer looks. It does cost quite a bit more though too. That is why I suggested staying with a AVR and getting an external power amp if the TS wants a better amp. If money is not an object I would go all Classe. :)

Edited by Ron

I am a big believer in separate preamp/prossesors and amps. Separate amps may go bad but they do not become obsolete. The amps in any flagship receiver will. I also believe that a flagship pre/pro will have performance advantages over a flagship receiver from the same maker. Separate amps also can offer much much more power than all in ones, and I think better sound although many would argue the point.

• Like 1

Is the Parasound Halo A 51 + Onkyo PR-SC5509 a good combo? How is the PR-SC5509?

I have a 5509 and am quite fond of it. It's paired with a B&K Reference 200.7 amp. It's a very nice processor with excellent onboard room correction. It's not super cheap but considerably less than a Marantz 8801 (which is why I went with it).

Since I am looking at exceptional build quality and reliability as well, how about the Parasound Halo A 51 + Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5000?

In that case, lets not fuss about any more.

Buy this

XL_MC205_Front_Top.jpg

And this

AV8801FRONTBIG.jpg

I think you need 2 of the McIntosh amps though to get you up to 6 channels. :)

Since I am looking at exceptional build quality and reliability as well, how about the Parasound Halo A 51 + Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5000?

Buy this

And this

The three meters are misleading. Its an MC205. 5 X 200

• Like 1

Buy this

And this

The three meters are misleading. Its an MC205. 5 X 200

My mistake. :)

I would seriously consider waiting til the new releases are out for demo and a possible review. Also consider a 5.1 avr or avp unless you are possibly going 7.1 or 7.2 or/and so on. Your choices are so vast and seem to be farely easily narrowed down if indeed you are going to use your new avr/avp in 5.1 surround sound only. Just a little patience will yield so many more great choices. I would also look into other brands such as marantz, integra, anthem, krell and other very great options that are not only out there now but gonna be in a bit of time, certainly by june maybe july we should see a number of new nice pieces that if one would to buy now it surely would be a stumle in my opinion due to the ever so great possible upgrades and ease of easier use of these machines marches yet farther into the audio inner/outer stratosphere.

I also must ad if reading there are right now absolutely great choices of gear...some demos going off the shelf while preparing for the new releases as well as refurb gear and on and on and on&on. If you choice separates it does not always mean better audio. Trust me on this. I do have multiple seperate surround sound gear and integrated gear. It is purly the way you use it. Another big factor i never read in your thread was your choice of playback material...what type of playback gear will be installed/attached to your new avr. Some very important factors to take in to consideration when choosing a flagship or beginning of the line avr or whatever gear.

cheers..best to you on your wonderful venture. it is such a very fun one indeed

• Like 1