Curiosity?

MichaelandKlipsch

I am curious. What are some of our favorite go to demo discs for when we have added something new and exciting to the theater or living room setup? Maybe not the newest flashiest sound mix on a bluray that just came out but perhaps a bluray that we all pop in that we are very familiar with to see how a new piece of gear sounds like with the familiar material? What parts of the movie do we jump to in order to do our analysis on?

For all the movies I love and watch for some reason I have never seen master and commander I just picked up a copy about 2 months ago to watch when my theater was done and I plan to watch it for the first time with my wife Sunday night. I too have a ton of movies I enjoy but I have a few reserved scenes I love to throw in and test out new gear with. The matrix reloaded highway chase scene is one of those. For scenes that don’t involve music but just discrete sound effects that drop the jaw I like the battle scene between the black pearl and (can’t remember the other ship name) in the first pirates of the Caribbean. That films had some amazing sound design put into it

The sandstorm/plane crash scene in "Flight of the Phoenix" is by far my favorite demo action scene. The highs, mids, and lows are continuous, especially the lows. It puts you on that plane in the middle of a Sahara sanstorm.

Flight_of_the_Phoenix_G_04.jpg

FlightofthePhoenix_ch6_crash.jpg

For music, "Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Live at Radio City" is my reference music blu-ray. The imaging is second to none and the video is so crisp and clear you are there, 3rd row center.

dave%20matthews%20&%20tim%20reynolds%20s

dm-album-cover.jpg

Bill

I like a couple of the scenes in battleship, One of which is when the spheres come out of the ship and attack the airport and head to the baseball diamond and then to the highway. A few awesome scenes in Transformers dark of the moon as well. I'll usually Google every once in a while "top 10 Blu-ray audio scenes" and see what people are checking out. Usually you get the standards sometimes a new one thrown in here and there. I hate to bring it up again in a different thread, but that darn Dubstep music sounds pretty cool! I feel like an old man, "Those crazy kids and their Dubstep music"!

I almost forgot but I have to point out that probably one of the most incredibly powerful and dynamic and room shattering scenes would be the De-railing of the train in super 8. Also I quite enjoy the chase sequence in terminator salvation. Not the best film but it has some excellent audio mixing and directional effects from all over the place with room filling bass

Tron Legay, The Grey(plane crash), Obivion, Hulk #2, Olympus Has Fallen are some of my favorites. Looper is also good for bass throughout the movie. Music-Praful's One Day Deep and the song Sigh, and Paul Hardcastle - Desire. Ok, Ok, I know these are jazz, lol but they have great bass.

Tron is a good one. Flight of the Phoenix also good. World war z is awesome one. My favorite demo disc is art of flight. I wrote a thread about it a while back. Few bought it based off of my thread and all were very pleased with it. Highly recommend it

• Like 1

Tron is one of my favorite movies to demo. The visual effects and especially the LFE are second to none. Can't wait for the second new version and what daft punk will put together this round.

Also like Dave and Tim at radio city music hall. I find myself listening to that while I am doing the chores. Adele 21 is also pretty amazing.

Edited by K5SS