Curiosity?

MichaelandKlipsch

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1283375/home-theater-demo-disc-version-2-0

Go to post #8, hit the link for Version 2. When the link pops up, download the file (it's like 277kb) and then if you know how Torrent (I use uTorrent), you can download a huge load of Blu Ray demo material. The Blu Ray Demo material is about 50 gigs and some great quality stuff.

Here is a link to the contents of the Blu Ray stuff you download. You can create a disk if you want or if your PC or external hard drive is hooked up to your system, you can point and click...helps cut down loading and unloading multiple disks just to show off one facet of the system.

http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/home-theater-demonstration-blu-ray-v2.php

For all the movies I love and watch for some reason I have never seen master and commander I just picked up a copy about 2 months ago to watch when my theater was done and I plan to watch it for the first time with my wife Sunday night.

Did you find time to watch it?

I got the bluray out and sat down Sunday evening around 930 and me and my wife both decided it was to long to start that late before work on Monday. She wanted to watch the amazing Spiderman (new version) before going to see part 2 in the theater so we watched that. Some nice audible moments but not what I was in the mood to watch. We are going to watch it on Wed night though. I did pop in the bluray and I like the look of the film already. Lots of nice film grain and an great cinematic feel to it. The first scene alone had some unique and interesting sounds with the ship creaking and people walking around etc. Can’t wait for tomorrow night.

So much to choose from .... but my latest fav is Batman/The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger. Many scenes to choose from beggining to end. The early bank robbery scene is great, but so are others. I still have friends who haven't experienced the system since I upgraded the TV, electronics and sub and little over a year ago. When they want to see and hear what it can "do", this is the movie I reach for. Of course, I'm easily bribed with new stuff and this will probably change in the foreseeable future.

• 4 weeks later...

Tron is a good one. Flight of the Phoenix also good. World war z is awesome one. My favorite demo disc is art of flight. I wrote a thread about it a while back. Few bought it based off of my thread and all were very pleased with it. Highly recommend it

I second the art of flight. Incredible video!!

In the beginning of the Blades of glory dvd there is a transformers trailer that sounds absolutely awesome!!! I usually test with that and the first sortie scene from Avatar. :)

why not just use the transformer blu ray and do the whole movie?

• 5 weeks later...

The new Thor is totally awesome. It's up there with Tron IMO!

man I was stoked for Thor 2 but was completely let down compared to the first one. And I can very many up their with tron. Tron is just something special for showing off the home theater.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe that nobody mentioned the liftoff scene from Apollo 13.

A great scene to wring out subs. Makes you feel like you were there.

Ron

How's about the real thing?  (Apollo 11)

I was there in 1969.  Dad had a cheapo cassette recorder and played "TV Newsman" during the trip.  Turned the recorder on and have the blastoff of Apollo 11.

Couple years ago, he contacted me saying he found the old tape and did I want it (duh)

I sent it off to a guy who does restorations and now have it on a CD and (if I recall) a WAV file on my hard drive.

To tell you the truth, given the recorder that was used, it still sounds pretty damn impressive!!!

• Like 1