RF-7 upgrades

Yes.

If the crossover is built on a PCB, and you can get it out of the loudspeaker and shipped to me, I can make your loudspeaker sound better. Read my Services page for why I prefer to work off of the original PCBs.

Klipsch is okay with some self promotion but they're not okay with their site being used to conduct business transactions. If you want to talk money, then you have to email me. I also have a Website and a Facebook page. The links for those, including my email address -- are in my signature block.

The forum has the option to hide signature blocks. If you have that checked in your preferences, then you won't see the links.

www.aletheiaaudio.com or www.klipschcrossovers.com

• Like 1

So I checked the site. Wow the upgrades will cost me more than the speakers cost me...

and the issue is?

Oh don't misunderstand my statement. It comes down to two things. One of them dean explains on his site, the law of diminishing returns. It is what it is. It just shocked me that so much value was put into this one component, but understandable considering upgrades to vehicles could easily fall into the same bucket.

The second one is the Wife Approval Factor (WAF) that I recently came to know after browsing just a few threads on this site. She initially was against getting the reference series that I wanted, so initially my WAF was rock bottom. Once the theatre starts pumping sound though I know it will jump up to "i would have bought these myself, if we get divorced they are coming with me!" If i purchase these upgrades however, I understand their value i can only assume the idea is alien and unnecessary to her... Most of us have a WAF to contend with... This is the biggest hold back haha.

I will pop an email your way dean, at least we can start laying the framework for a future transaction.

I definitely want to wait a little bit to upgrade them. As I mentioned, I have just recently purchased the system, and have not gotten the receiver yet to use them. To truly appreciate your upgrade though, I need a base point of reference and familiarity of what my speakers can currently do. To my understanding from reading your information on the site, this upgrade will offer a big midrange boost to capability.

I wish there was someone in lincoln or Omaha that I could audition their setup to hear the difference. I could look at curves all day, but I am not yet an audiophile and the data contained in them is alien to me.

I wouldn't want you doing this until you hear them in their stock form, I agree that it's important to have a basis for comparison.

Yes, the RC-7 and RS-7 also have their networks on PCBs. I encourage people to put their efforts on the front array. The rears do not carry the same level of importance.