Would the History of America Been Different If...

thebes

The Colonials had had DooWop?

Watched "The Last Mohigans" earlier today, and , of course, I I've read the book. It occurred to me that Native Americans would probably have been more susceptible to DooWop, than, say, rock-and-roll, and /or blankets infected with smallpox.

Just think. Some Brothers hanging around a camp fire, putting out some harmonies. I'm pretty sure the locals wouldn't have chewed off the fingers of that guy who became a martyr/saint if they knew he'd need them to snap them to keep the beat going.

Now granted, the bad Indian tribes were in the pay of the French, who probably would have sneered at DooWop, eaten some snails and ordered the Neighborhood burned down. Or maybe the tribes would have changed their minds, and tossed the Frenchies into the nearest camp fire and sat down with, say the Silhouettes, and shared a peace pipe or two.

What say ye?

• Like 2

I like your idea and I agree, some doowop might have chilled everyone out and created a totally different vibe. The French would've ran from the doowop!

Yes, the would have ran from things they could not understand. And sneered at it meanwhile as beaugois.

Dowa dowa come on kitty..tell me about the boy from New York City...

• Like 1

OOOwie he knocks me off of my feet...And he talks.. in that old english..And he's cute from his patrician nose to his birthday suit..yeah yeah..OOOwie he makes me want scream..Dowa dowa come on diddy..tell me bout the cats down in New York City.

Now granted certain concepts like "Boardwalk" and 'roof' as in up on the, would have to have been explained but other doowop standard would have been know to them. After all the Northern tribes like the Onondaga Nation, the Iroquois, The Senecas, with their longhouses would have known what a tenement was.

And really, if you think about it, many of the songs would have spoken to universally understood physical concepts. I'm thinking of these:

Five Satins - In The Still Of The Night
Penguins - Earth Angel
Mellow Kings - Tonight Tonight
Elegants - Little Star
Dubs - Could This Be Magic
Danleers - One Summer Night
Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight

You may scoff, but for a tune or two, we might have a far different nation todayl

Edited by thebes

And he's kindof sweet, like when he asks the chef to beat our meat..come on dowa dowa dowa diddy tell us bout the girl from NYC

Now now, the correct verse in that time frame would have been"

"tell us about the girl from New Amsterdam City"

• Like 1

The French love jazz. More so than Americans on a per capita basis I would wager. Run from that, snobs and snobbettes.

Yes but do they love DooWop. I think not. Since I'm half french Canadian (father was born in Canada) one of my long distant relatives is probably responsible for hitting on Colonel Monro's smoking hot English colonial babes.

• Like 2