Listened to Jimmy Smith and Parliament last night with the Marantz/Heart CD player, connected direct to the white Maggotbox 6BQ5 SEP amplifier, with my charge-coupled Cornwalls. Two channel. Sometimes 2.1...

I have to check that out. My Parliament collection is farely vast and rare although sound quality in even the finest recordings from funkadelic, pfunk all stars etc... i own is a bit poor. I was hooked with George&Mr Collins plus gang at the beginning mostly when cruising in my car at a young age.

Man i love the negative banter im getting from such a question towards me. Let alone the dirty look! I cannot appreciate it more. sincerely!

The last time I went to the "classic stereo" my wife went in with a friend of mine who was visiting from out of state and spending money as would i if it were truly "Stereo" let alone the "classic" part. I stood outside simply refusing to even look inside due to a false leading by the name of store as well as the lack of regard to the name.

2ch is so good for music and i am so happy i found klipsch to lead me to this forum to provide me with the vitals in sound.

• Like 3

While I like the sound of my HT, I keep a separate 2 ch system just for listening. That said, I'm gettin' to be an old guy too, but there's a lot to be said for not getting "too" hip or cool in the world of audio. Like having a great listening experience on great, full range speakers with an uncompressed signal!! Cheers to all and Happy Easter.

Most of us "old" guys here run mostly 2ch (or 2.1), with multi-channel on occasion. When I play over 2, it's 5.1, but I'm 2ch 98% of the time.

SSH

Old guy..... Centers and Subs are cool. But just saying that I have been working 30+ years to get the first two channels "right". When I get there I will think about multiple channels.

tc

• Like 2

Most of us "old" guys here run mostly 2ch (or 2.1), with multi-channel on occasion. When I play over 2, it's 5.1, but I'm 2ch 98% of the time.

SSH

Old guy..... Centers and Subs are cool. But just saying that I have been working 30+ years to get the first two channels "right". When I get there I will think about multiple channels.

tc

Great key point indeed!

• Like 2

Two channel only, for everything. La Scalas in the living room, and HIIs connected to the tv. (I keep thinking I have the tv speakers on, as the imaging is so precise, but when I check, it's on the Heresy IIS.

Almost forgot, the smaller tv in the living room has a pair of JBL 4311s connected.

Bruce

I am also 2 channel on tubes for music. No .1 as well. I absolutely love my 2 channel system. I also have some new mods and gear ready to ad as well as other amps to test. I do not want to touch anything. Its ultra fine.

I do not see changing possibly ever. Free, up for grabs gear would not move me. I love what i have and no other has anything identical to it as im sure all everybody has as well..

2 CHANNEL AND TUBES FOR ME!!!!!! :)

I will say i watch tv or movies in 11.2....music is in 2 channel period :D

• Like 2

Movies..........................Two channel

CD's..............................Two Channel

Local Tuner stations.....Two Channel

I have tried to work with an SVS cylinder and multi- speaker setups some time ago but the simplicity of two channel and always trying to extract the best from all sources is very entertaining.

I have 1 nib 2ch pre, cdp/dac and 2 new 2ch amps i want to test and im just not gonna for now...at least till my current el84's power tubes burn out. Even at that point my preferred integrated tube amp is primed and ready.

2 channel here and working with 4 pairs of mains(main monitors for 2 channel setup that is). All completely away/detached from my theater. Just used for 2 channel music only

2 channel music beats all :)

• Like 1

Yeah I have no opinion on the audio quality I just rarely watch concerts on dvd or listen to anything like SACDs. I am certain they have a great quality to them. I use my RF-7iis for 2 channel listening but they are setup by themselves down in the living room with no dvd or bluray player attached to the system just a DAC and my music files on a hard drive. If I were to watch concert dvd or listen to a SACD it would have to be in my theater and the THX ultra’s aren’t the greatest sounding musical speakers. For movies though although watching them on 2 channels brings a neat audible experience in it’s own right, 7.4 speakers all working together is surreal and brings an immersive experience I don’t think I could get from just using my 2 channel setup. Then again I’m more of a film person than a music person and could see how the argument could go both ways for someone’s desired setup.