I’m far from an audiophile though esp when it comes to music listening and or say a quality 2 channel setup with some heritage speakers and nice tube setup would be something id love to get into in the future. Im more of a casual listener when it comes to music. When I watch film I find myself to be much more critical over what is being represented and how it is appropriately playing the way a director intended it to be enjoyed. More often than not if a film was done in mono or has mono tracks, or stereo tracks etc I prefer to watch it that way but I certainly enjoy popping in a modern mixed blu-ray. I have a lot to learn in 2 channel listening and read the posts in 2 channel all the time

• Like 1

I’m far from an audiophile though esp when it comes to music listening and or say a quality 2 channel setup with some heritage speakers and nice tube setup would be something id love to get into in the future. Im more of a casual listener when it comes to music. When I watch film I find myself to be much more critical over what is being represented and how it is appropriately playing the way a director intended it to be enjoyed. More often than not if a film was done in mono or has mono tracks, or stereo tracks etc I prefer to watch it that way but I certainly enjoy popping in a modern mixed blu-ray. I have a lot to learn in 2 channel listening and read the posts in 2 channel all the time

Hats off to you my friend indeed. I had a kg surround sound system at about 20 years of age. I never new klipsch even had another speaker other than the kg.5 at that point. Wow i cannot count the times i went through speakers nib...I really cannot, only to fall back on what i knew worked The Kg .5(i have to LOL at myself).

Now 20 years later i have found the holy grail in audio. If you are 26 like your stats state..very nice to see you with a great start. I see you in a venture that as like what youthman is taking at the moment and indulging with heritage or the like with klipsch. Especially if you get the music tingle in your ear hairs. Cheers!

• Like 1

Hats off to you my friend indeed. I had a kg surround sound system at about 20 years of age. I never new klipsch even had another speaker other than the kg.5 at that point. Wow i cannot count the times i went through speakers nib...I really cannot, only to fall back on what i knew worked The Kg .5(i have to LOL at myself).

Now 20 years later i have found the holy grail in audio. If you are 26 like your stats state..very nice to see you with a great start. I see you in a venture that as like what youthman is taking at the moment and indulging with heritage or the like with klipsch. Especially if you get the music tingle in your ear hairs. Cheers!

ill be 28 next month and trust me I'd have two vintage khorns in my living room if my wife approved but for now the rf7iis will remain. I would guess it will be easier to get palladiums cosmetic wise she thinks they are nicer looking but I plan to get at least two heritage speakers for my garage 2 channel setup tho summer. Maybe some Cornwallis. Going to epoxy my floor then it will be ready. :)
  • Like 1

I listen to 2 channel music quite a bit, I'll turn off all speakers except front two, I'll even turn off the sub. I have to listen when the wife/kids aren't home, they don't like it loud. I am constantly amazed how much bass these P38s produce.

What amp and source do you use to get that good bass out of the P38's?

Listened to Jimmy Smith and Parliament last night with the Marantz/Heart CD player, connected direct to the white Maggotbox 6BQ5 SEP amplifier, with my charge-coupled Cornwalls. Two channel. Sometimes 2.1...

That's some good music there! I'm a 2 channel-only guy myself but can't get the full sound top to bottom and the bass I would expect from the RF7 II's. They're sitting in my dining room waiting for me to try them out again.

Edited by Codyred

Listened to Jimmy Smith and Parliament last night with the Marantz/Heart CD player, connected direct to the white Maggotbox 6BQ5 SEP amplifier, with my charge-coupled Cornwalls. Two channel. Sometimes 2.1...

That's some good music there! I'm a 2 channel-only guy myself but can't get the full sound top to bottom and the bass I would expect from the RF7 II's. They're sitting in my dining room waiting for me to try them out again.

Hey Cody, what are you using to drive the RF-7 II's?

Dennie

Tubes, vinyl and used record stores bring music to my ears. Two channel is the only way I listen to music.

Solid state AVR brings movies, that include music, but I hear the musical wallpaper; I do not listen to music with the HT system.

• Like 2

I'm a Dinosaur and own 4 separate 2 channel systems.

System Numero Uno: Factory Assembled Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 SET Mono Block Amps with Ultimate Upgrade Package-3.5 watts x 2, Factory Assembled Welborne Labs Reveille 6SN7 Tube Pre Amp, 1977 Plywood Cornwalls/Cherry Stained with DeanG Type B Crossovers using Auricaps.

System Numero Dos: deHavilland Aries 845 SET Mono Block Amps-25 watts x 2, deHavilland Verve 6SN7 Tube Preamp, 1983 Walnut Cornwalls. The dude on Audiogon that I bought the deHavilland gear from, had the face plates on the amps & preamp gold plated at a shop that did work on Harleys.

System Numero Tres: Lubbock, Texas Made Llano Phoenix CAS 300/VA2 Hybrid/Tube Class A Power Amp-CAS 300Current Section uses Mosfets/the separate VA2 Voltage enclosure uses a pair of either 6SN7, 6SL7 or 12SN7 tubes. Currently using a pair of 12SX7 tubes in the VA2. CAS 300-300 watts x 2-8ohms/600 watts x 2-4ohms. George Wright AU 1000 12BH7 Tube Preamp with Bass/Treble Tone Controls, 1989 Industrial Lascalas/Raw Unfinished Plywood with Plastic Carry Handles on each side, with DeanG Type A Crossovers using Jensen Aluminum Paper in Oil Caps.

Sources switched between the above 3 systems-Mcintosh MCD 7009 CD Player, Pioneer Elite PD65 CD Player, Yamaha CT1010 Tuner. I have a pair of DeanG Type B Crossovers with Jensen Aluminum Paper in Oil Caps that are currently not being used.

System Numero Quatro: Mcintosh MC7150 Autoformer Power Amp-150watts x 2, Mcintosh C38 Preamp, Mcintosh MR 77 Tuner, Sony C333ES SACD/CD 5 Disc Changer, 1980 Walnut New Advents, 1979 Walnut Advent 1's-same 10" woofer/tweeter as the New Advent in a smaller enclosure. The Advent 1's are stacked & inverted on top of the New Advents with the tweeters together.

I used to be an Audigon ****. I bought the Welborne Labs gear, deHavilland gear, Llano Phoenix CAS 300/VA2 Power Amp & George Wright AU 1000 Preamp from wealthy dudes whom were on the Audiophile Merry Go Round. They were constantly buying new equipment in search of the Holy Grail of Audio Nirvana and selling off their old gear on Audiogon. I got great deals buying their used equipment. I'm not an Audiophile, just a Blue Collar Bubba Music Lover that likes good gear.

• Like 1