I'm new to this community... Here is my first post!

I'm a young guy, just graduated college, and I've never really enjoyed the crazy set-ups my friends all have... First off I can't afford to drop 5-10k on a system like some people. But I did invest in a pair of RB-35s and have a two channel setup to my Pioneer vsx822 going to my Samsung HDTV. I Honestly don't need much more than that!

I'm still trying to find the perfect way to set this up, but right now I have it bi-wired to the receiver and it sounds good to me...

I'll be in and around these threads trying to find some advice on my setup, and perhaps a good Center to invest in down the road.

Thanks for reading!

Yeap, I love my little RB-35s. First speakers that I used a laser leveler to aim the horns precisely at my ears in the center sitting position and the results are perfect! Sound stage is truly massive!

I've just finished setting up my RF-35s and RB-82s side by side in a 2.0 layout and aimed with the laser. I am truly in heaven!!

What would you call a 2.0 set-up that uses two towers on each side? The RF-82s are slightly taller and sit on the outsides(toed-in slightly more) of the RF-35s which frame the TV.

• Like 1

Can someone here rave (in more detail) about their RB-35? I am still considering what is the ultimate small Klipsch. I'd love to hear more about this one.

Well, I think most would say the ultimate Reference bookshelf would be the RB-75, followed by the RB-81, and then probably a toss-up between the RB-35 and RB-5.

The RB-35 is a bit smoother than the RF-35 tower and cranks out a wonderfully robust sound for its size. Strong bass power and a very warm and thick midrange. Vocals really project in a way that is absent from the RB-81. I've not heard the RB-75, but assume it's the best of the best.

• Like 1

hahaha I've gotta try the laser technique you speak of. Never heard of that before!

As of now my RB-35s are not being optimized... They sound great but one is hiding behind my couch plugged in and the other one is to the left of my TV, so I know the sound could be better if they were truly left and right of the screen... But for now the setup in my tiny apartment doesn't allow it.

And I know stacking them on top of one another is absolutely not an option.

So maybe I should built wall mounts for them to hang from the ceiling and point downwards? or perhaps I need a bigger house :)

Edited by AccessDenied

I have 5 full surround set ups, great for movies and occasional multi channel music when just tooling around the area. For pure musical pleasure and best listening experience stereo is the only way .........I do still use my subs....I've never heard a Klipsch that kicks enough bass...

• Like 1

I think mutli channel music is far superior to stereo... but not many original recordings are properly set up as such so it all two channel for me. I also have a deep fondness for Mono.

Edited by Schu

I have 5 full surround set ups, great for movies and occasional multi channel music when just tooling around the area. For pure musical pleasure and best listening experience stereo is the only way .........I do still use my subs....I've never heard a Klipsch that kicks enough bass...

Ever heard a KLF? :-)

Ever heard a KLF? :-)

Ha.....yep...great speakers.....with a sub even better ;) But....2 channel can still be great even with just a pair of bookshelf speakers.

We are old schoolers tried and true. Many years ago when giving the living room a complete facelift hard wired in all the speaker wiring with 1/4" jacks everywhere. At first it was amazing having that surround sound the wife did not care for it at all I knew the novelty would not last,so we removed the rear and center speakers left the sub. It has been that way ever since.

Two channel only in my house. JBLs on the office computer, Heresy IIs on the larger tv and JBL 4311s on the smaller tv with an HK430 receiver. My La Scalas have gone to a nice home, so the 2A3 amps are getting some rest, lol.

Bruce

It is time for a somewhat contrary view. I have a couple of two channel setups (one with K-horns,), but when I go to listen to music at night it is in the basement with the big surround system, and everything is mixed up to 7.1 by JRiver.I find it a much more submersive and real sounding experience than regular 2 channel. As a professional musician I am used to hearing music all around me, not just coming from the front. Multi-channel seems natural to me, but it has to be well done. I have a 6.1 setup with KG series speakers in my living room. For music it sounds kind of dumb, but with the quality of the set up I have in my basement it sounds great. Good 2 channel beats ok surround, but for me a great surround system is the way to listen. I have some high quality videos of the Berlin Philharmonic that I use as demos for my my musician friends when the come over, and they all leave blown away by what they hear.

JRiver BTW does a great job of converting 2 channel into multi channel and is very adjustable to get it just right.

The exception to this is records which sound dumb in surround.

Edited by tromprof
  • Like 1