A Gift

Tarheel

An old friend (known him for 57 years) gave me three large boxes of LPs a couple of months ago. I haven't had the inclination to look at them until today while stuck inside with the wind and rain. A lot of popular music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I wasn't expecting much but I put two albums I know well through a double spin of the record vac and antistatic brush. Americas Greatest hits and Toto....stuff you know by heart. Surprise! Both sounded great!

Got a lot of cleaning to do...maybe 80-100 albums.

post-17365-0-51220000-1398029478_thumb.j

A copy of Led Zeppelin with no name on the cover and Jimmy Buffett Living and Dying in 3/4 Time cleaned up well. Always thought Buffett was a little, how do I say this, bubblegummy but I always liked this album and was happy to find it. Some of these recordings are quite good.....better than I remember :)

Learned that Livingston is still in Texas. Oh and I forgot about the contractor's yard bag full of LPs.....maybe 50 more. Even a new Michael Jackson for thebes.

post-17365-0-62140000-1398034938_thumb.j

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 1

Yes sir Earl he is a good story teller....like the song God's Own Drunk. I guess when he moved from Key West to Hollywood Hills he lost some street cred.

Anyway Sunday was a lot of fun sorting through my bounty....cleaning and playing LPs that I haven't heard in many years. Even had duplicate copies of Jim Croce's You Don't Mess Around With Jim and Ozark Mountain Dare Devils.

A lot of vintage vinyl at a great price :)

• Moderators

Well that was nice of him, and he has good taste in music, have fun. Since I don't pay attention :mellow: I looked in your profile couldn't remember if you had a TT, very cool electronics collection you have going on, WOW. :blink2::emotion-21:

• Like 1