Mildly political, but I think it's safe!

tube fanatic

um,...well,..will somebody that dont have a cold or herpes on their lip share one with me...can i spilt one with you...im not sick...phisically at least and do not have a herpe nor plural on my lip/s,...please,...i'll pay and sell straw drawn sips...? anybody?? please ???

Health insurers are not analogous to coffee shops in any way. Coffee shops provide delicious beverages. Insurance companies are essentially legal racketeering outfits, who we are now obliged by law to give our money to. Care to guess who actually wrote the ACA? Lobbyists for the insurance cartel.

um,...well,..will somebody that dont have a cold or herpes on their lip share one with me...can i spilt one with you...im not sick...phisically at least and do not have a herpe nor plural on my lip/s,...please,...i'll pay and sell straw drawn sips...? anybody?? please ???

Not sure this will fly, but here goes;

If someone has genitile herpes on their lip and it gets on the straw, and Someone else uses the straw and gets this herpes on their lip, do they have a cold sore, oral herpes, or genitile herpes?

And will this affect effect the type of music they like to listen to?

Confused

I didn't think that posting this satirical take on Obamacare would lead to such passionate comments! However, it does raise some very valid points including levying fines on citizens who choose not to purchase insurance. And, the program does not in any way address the true drain on the medical system, which is hospitals having to provide unlimited charity care to individuals who are in the country illegally. Enough said before I get myself into trouble!

Maynard

Can it be said that only horny people get herpes on their lips?

And if it can be said that only horny people get herpes, should horny people be banned?

And if horny people should be banned, shouldn't all people who like horns as opposed to radiating speakers be banned?

Well, you say what you want about horns and people who like them, but I am not going to sit here and let you bad mouth Klipsch horn speakers!

GOODBYE!

Its going to get ugly...

The people that cant afford the new insurance packages are obviously not going to be able buy it.

The younger crowd, especially quite few from WA and CO wont have the funds. Honestly, what non family bearing individual is worried about health insurance in their 20's? Dirt bags these days will pay their cell phone bill before they pay their car insurance or their frigggin' rent.

The pool of coverage's wont be great enough to offset the cost, hence the huge price increase, that will only escalate.

The honest tax paying individual that has no coverage through their employer will bear the huge foot in the arse that is being forced upon us.

How does the Govt. fine someone that has never filed for taxes and basically has nothing to give?

I see Pitchforks and Torches in the future and this time the North and the South are going to be united.

not choosing sides (maybe I am though) but I've yet to see a government program that's efficient, consumer friendly and well run.

Medicare is the most cost effective medical insurance program in the United States. By "cost effective" I mean it has high customer satisfaction and the LOWEST administrative costs of any medical plan.

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/about/Crossroads/06_13_03.html

• Like 1

When I was very young, my father had a friend who was a custodian at a local hospital in Syracuse, NY. He was a kind, gentle, hard working man. His employer did not provide him with health care coverage. Imagine, a hospital not providing their unskilled workforce with insurance. I will never forget the day (I was probably 10 years old) when I saw him tear up after the death of his wife from cancer. He was telling my father that he found out that his wife, prior to her death, had been cutting her pain pills in thirds because they had no insurance and the pain pills were expensive. She did not want her husband to know that she was stretching out the medication because, even though she was dying, she did not want HIM to feel bad that he could not afford her medication.

I am sorry, but in the richest nation in the history of time, how can ANYONE deny health care coverage to another? Are we savages?

• Like 2