Klipsch Heresy speakers for sale

davidmiller

SOLD to a forum member. Thanks everyone!

Third/final edit:

Hi. I'm asking $400 for the pair. That does not include shipping. We have a small shipping center here at work. I am still working through the best, safest, and cheapest way to ship. If you are interested in the speakers, PM and we can figure it out together.

*** I will add one more comment to everything I've said below. (Between the pics and the descriptions I've given I believe I've covered everything cosmetically.) Last night I spent some time listening to old Peter Gabriel with lots of instrumentation through them. I moved the balance back and forth. "Speaker 1" does not sound as "bright" as Speaker 2. I genuinely don't know if it is the way the speaker has come to sound since it was built in 1978, or if there is an issue. Someone with a lot of knowledge about Klipsch speakers said - based only on my description - that it may be an issue with the "tweeter diaphram." So, I'm just passing that along. Thanks. ***

Second edit:

Am (hopefully) posting pics of the serial numbers. Sorry if not very clear. They read 52S498, and 52S499. Have to head back to work. Will figure out and add pricing as quick as I can. Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edit:

Hello again, my new Klipsch friends. If I'm doing this right, I'm about to post six pictures - three of each speaker. You'll see on one of them the foam cover is bent a little a the top right edge. I am optimistic that this can be fixed with velcro but heck if I know. Just got in from work, am going to upload these, and go to bed. I will add pricing in the morning before going back to work. Now is a great time to PM questions and such if you have any. Thanks. Hopefully my original post below conveys I'm just a dude trying to learn what he's got and sell it. Again, thanks for letting me post here, and I hope I'm not breaking any of your forum rules; I probably should have waited until I had my ducks in a row to register and post this.

- David

Speaker 1

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Speaker 2

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Hi, I’m David. I’m new here. Thanks for letting me post in your forum.

I’m selling my Klipsch Heresy speakers. I just came across this forum (as in I came across this an hour ago while here at work) and thought I’d start here before eBay and Craigslist. Below I’ll give more information about me at the end since I am indeed new. Tonight, I’ll post pricing as well as pics or videos or whatever anyone asks for who is interested.

The point of posting this now while I’m here at work - before posting pricing and pics - is to invite any of you who might be interested to tell me now what pics or info you want so that I can knock it out tonight. I’m happy to provide it. I just don’t have a great deal of time at home and if I can minimize back-and-forths that’d be great. Thanks.

Anyway, using Google Images, my Heresy speakers most closely resemble these. http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/648980909-klipsch_heresy_speakers/images/405616/

So, I don’t know what generation that makes them. However, the cabinets have more scuffs than those in the picture. ALSO, one of the speakers is missing the little gold Klipsch sticker.

On the back of both speakers is a piece of paper with information from the factory. If someone with Klipsch once signed the little pieces of paper, his/her signature has now faded off. Will of course take pics of both stickers tonight.

I have not taken the front off of them yet to look at the cone and horn and stuff. I will tonight. If anyone knows tips or tricks on opening them, please pass along. I don’t know if there is anything unusual to these covers.

I am willing to open the cabinet itself for anyone legitimately interested assuming they convince me they need the information and tell me how to open them without damaging them.

I currently run the speakers on a Tecniques SA-400. I use an Apple Airport Express to run music from my iPhone through Airplay to the Airport Express through a ⅛ jack to RCA into the Tecniques auxiliary input.

The Heresy speakers sound fantastic. I’ll say that again. They sound fantastic.

I know of not a single issue with them, outside of the lightly scuffed cabinets and the missing gold Klipsch sticker on one of them. I have driven them as hard as my own ears will allow. Through them I play rock-oriented music, and NPR.

About me - so that you’ll know I’m a real, and normal, dude... Yes, my member name is my real name. I’m 41 and live outside of Birmingham, Alabama. I have a modest (infinitesimal) collection of vintage stereo equipment. I like collecting late-70s and early-80s receiver amps such as Tecniques, Sansui, Harmon Kardon, Realistic. Nothing fancy. I admit I enjoy the visual aesthetics more than the audio aesthetics. For my main stereo I have a Marantz receiver amp and pair of Klipsch towers and Klipsch sub, all circa 2002.

I’m happy to PM anyone my phone number or email to prove I’m a real, albeit boring, dude, and if you have FaceTime, I can give you a FaceTime tour of the speakers. I only ask that you show some real interest in the speakers before asking for my info.

Hope I’m not breaking any forum rules. Will update this post tonight with pricing, pics, etc. Thanks again!

-David

Edited by davidmiller

Thanks, guys! I'll post a bunch of pics of the front, back, sides and so on tonight. Couldn't decide if I should wait until I had them or post now. I decided to post now hoping questions and requested pics come during the day so I can address tonight.

Thanks again! Cool forum!

-David

Welcome to the forum and god luck with your sale. I'd suggest pics of the fronts and backs for starters. A serial number would be helpful also.

You gotta watch out for some of the guys. They be more then happy to help you find things to spend money on. Enjoy your time here

John

welcome to the forum David.

first thing is DO NOT try and remove the grills until you find out what year they are. the grills are not removable on them until 1975 ( the letter N = 1975 ) and all letters in the serial number from A thru M

serial numbers are stamped into the wood on the top back edge up to 1983 ( Y )

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

Wow! Thanks! Had no idea and would have probably damaged one trying. Will update with serial number and pics as soon as I get home.

welcome to the forum David.
first thing is DO NOT try and remove the grills until you find out what year they are. the grills are not removable on them until 1975 ( the letter N = 1975 ) and all letters in the serial number from A thru M

serial numbers are stamped into the wood on the top back edge up to 1983 ( Y )

Edited by davidmiller

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum David. You are are on the right track. Post a few pics of them tonight and your asking price and local guys will contact you if they are interested. Nothing fancy about removing the speaker grill. You can use a butter knife, just be careful that you don't pry into the actual wood.

• Moderators

first thing is DO NOT try and remove the grills until you find out what year they are. the grills are not removable on them until 1975 ( the letter N = 1975 ) and all letters in the serial number from A thru M serial numbers are stamped into the wood on the top back edge up to 1983 ( Y )

Disreguard my prevous comments. I didn't realize some were permanent. I assumed they were the same as my previous Forte II and Chorus II's.

Welcome David. This is a great group and you should enjoy participating. Look forward to seeing the speakers. I've tended to hold on to my old stuff even after upgrading. Your decision to sell may be evidence of healthy, normal thinking!! Chuck

They are walnut oil Heresy (I) speakers likely from the 70s, since they have laser badges. The labels are illegible, but take a photo of the stamped serial at the top of the speakers on the back (visible in the next to last photo). If you take a photo of both serials, we can tell the year and if they are consecutive.

Edited by opusk2k9

They are walnut oil Heresy (I) speakers likely from the 70s, since they have laser badges. The labels are illegible, but take a photo of the stamped serial at the top of the speakers on the back (visible in the next to last photo). If you take a photo of both serials, we can tell the year and if they are consecutive.

Thanks, Opusk! I'm embarrassed I'd never noticed the serial numbers there below. That's the kind of tips I was hoping to find here.

-David