Glyphosphate is affecting our health

tube fanatic

While Mercola can be considered a bit of an alarmist, he definitely raises some interesting issues which we should all be thinking about. Watch the video at the beginning of the article about how Monsanto is pulling back on its GM food initiatives in the EU in response to public outcry. Why are our voices not being heard?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/04/22/glyphosate-herbicide.aspx?e_cid=20140422Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140422Z1&et_cid=DM43473&et_rid=495063170

Maynard

• Moderators

I don't know if the big problem was Glyphosphate as much as it was the genetically altered crops resistant to the chemical. Which allowed them to control weeds without harming crops. Things may have changed, it's been going on for a long time now and I haven't kept up with it ?

I have used the chemical for years and believe it or not it way better than what it replaced, now I am talking about extremely tiny amounts compared to it's use in agriculture.

Considering the world population explosion, at some point the need to feed all the people becomes a major problem with our limited land and water available for crop production. The use of modified crops will have to be addressed. The big question will be are more people dying of starvation, pesticides, or genetically modified crops. This is a very interesting topic to stay on our radars.