What I got yesterday

omar4

Been looking for a vintage ss receiver/amp for 2-channel. Well, I bid on a Yamaha CR-600, Pioneer CT-F2121, and a Quasar cd player-with a faux wood case, also came with an old Pioneer rack. Anyway, I won the bid for $68 for all of these items. I will say the Yamaha is TOTALLY MINT-not one scratch on the wood case, and it works flawlessly-rockin the Cornwall II's now. I haven't hooked up the other stuff yet. I was really interested in the Yamaha. As a side note, I picked up a mini-system-Yamaha GX-505 for $30. Gonna give that to my parents,. These items came from an estate sale, I swear the Yamaha receiver was hardly used, all the knobs are really smooth. Needless to say, I am stoked!! :wub:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. But, the left channel just quit working on the Cr-600-DAMN!! Still haven't tried the other components. Gonna clean out the spare room and set it up today and test the rest. I am not tech saavy, I am going to remove the case and see if I notice anything obvious. Otherwise, will be searching for a tech in the Utah/Idaho area. If anyone knows of any, let me know. On a side note, I also was bidding on a Pioneer vsx-921k that sold for $84. Good prices. Anyway, still stoked, but a little bummed too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, took the Yamaha into a local tv repair shop. They charge $20 deposit, anyway, they called and said it is working fine-both channels. I must be a dumba** or it decided to work on the drive over. I'm happy again

Ok, tested everything out once I got the Yammy home. It is confirmed-I'M A DUMBA**!! I had the speakers hooked up wrong, the older I get the worse my eyes are. I had one to speaker A and one to speaker B-DUH. Anyway, the cassette works, all lights, meters, etc are perfect. My one problem is the volume goes up and down slightly. Could this just because it needs cleaned?? Any input on Pioneer silver-faces cassette players is welcome. Thanks