Klipsch not at AXPONA?

ironwoods

Hi, haven't been on the forums in quite a while, but was graced by a friend with a weekend pass to AXPONA. 5 floors worth of 2 channel mayhem at the Westin O'hare in Rosemont, IL. Unfortunately, I didn't see a single Klipsch product... Was hoping someone would've had a pair of P-39's set up, as I haven't had a chance to hear them yet.

We tallied up the cost of everything in one single suite, and was somewhere in the ballpark of $480,000!

Was anyone here, able to attend?

Edited by ironwoods

Hi, haven't been on the forums in quite a while, but was graced by a friend with a weekend pass to AXPONA. 5 floors worth of 2 channel mayhem at the Westin O'hare in Rosemont, IL. Unfortunately, I didn't see a single Klipsh product... Was hoping someone would've had a pair of P-39's set up, as I haven't had a chance to hear them yet.

We tallied up the cost of everything in one single suite, and was somewhere in the ballpark of $480,000!

Was anyone here, able to attend?

Amazing, I would like to go to one of those shows sometime wile leaving the Visa at home.

Used to be gun shows for me years ago, but as we all know in Commie Kalifornia they have destroyed them.

I was there Saturday. Some pretty awesome stuff. greg from volti was there with his alluras. Spent the most time in his room. If I could have taken one set of speakers home they would have been his. A lot of things for the rich. 30k 40k 100k systems, way out of my reach. Went last year also and went back just to hear gregs setup again. Not too far out of reach, but definitely not happening anytime soon.

I was there Saturday. Some pretty awesome stuff. greg from volti was there with his alluras. Spent the most time in his room. If I could have taken one set of speakers home they would have been his. A lot of things for the rich. 30k 40k 100k systems, way out of my reach. Went last year also and went back just to hear gregs setup again. Not too far out of reach, but definitely not happening anytime soon.

Gary, were you the guy with the 'pissing the neighbors off' Klipsch shirt?

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Yup that was me. Got a lot of comments on the shirt. What was the name of that eagles cd u played ? Gotta get it. Thanks again for the great time.

It was my pleasure. The look on your face at the end of "Long Road Out Of Eden' was priceless. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

See you next year.

Greg

• 2 months later...

Did any of you happen to stop by the Lowther America room at AXPONA?

I visited that room. The only parts I liked were the bass (Lab 15s in dipole) and some of the midrange presentation. I didn't like the shouty upper midrange or indistinct highs. I have two sets of full-range driver speakers at home that are my own design (TB W4-1052 and Dayton PS180-8), so I know what full-range drivers applied well can do. But I have never understood what people see in the Lowthers that they can't get elsewhere, better, and for less.