Big thanks to Amps and Sound (SET Wonderment!)

2Bmusic

It has taken me awhile to post this. Lots of personal issues that had to be resolved. At any rate, I just wanted to say thank you to Justin Weber for the advise, and helping me to get my system set up, running and sounding great. There are many wonderful vendors here. Justin is certainly one of them. After much reading and question asking, I decided on SET Big Ben to power my LaScalas. BB is incredible and the sound is everything I have been waiting for some 3 score or more.

Justin flat out knows what works and how to put it all together. I am MAC to DAC to SET amp and then Lascalas circa 1999. I am going to build the Jon Risch's cross connect co ax speaker cables next.

I will be replacing the stock cross over with Al's. Later I will replace the Mid-Range Sqwaker with Fast Lane Audio wood Tractrix horn.

I truly like the LaScalas and the the Big Ben accurate luscious sound.

Congrats on your amp!

When you build Risch's cross-connected cables, be sure to use the cable he specifies. I made them in the mid to later 90s, and they we decent sounding cables. I had already been using Teflon insulated interconnect, and at that time eventually preferred just a lightly twisted pair of 16 AWG of stranded cable, PTFE insulated. That was during my insane wire/capacitor comparison days....thankfully long gone by now.

So happy it worked out great.

Hope life is becoming simpler too :-).

If memory serves me... you have the Emotiva Stealth connected via UBS to your Macbook pro with Amarra hifi ($50 bargain) into Big Ben and then into the Scalas...

You had Theils long ago and were comparing Magnepans... Whats your impression of the speakers?

Justin

Justin,

Yes, I was comparing the LS to Maggies ( 1.7). I used to own Snells. As you know, It can be very difficult to compare sounds with out doing the instant A/B thing. Also, when it comes to Audio stuff like many things in life, one could easily find that place of never ending change, buy try, etc. I do need to get with you for help with converting files.

MacBook Pro ( USB) to Stealth DC1 ( emotiva) to Big Ben to ( jon risch's cross connect technology) to LS's

LOL ... RISCH TO KLIPSCH!

In the end, the LaScala's are very pleasing. Even more so with the SET Big Ben. BB sounds better after playing for an hour or more!

I can also hear the difference in each song. I am guessing they are recorded at different times. What do you all think?

I am thinking that once I get a Turn Table, and get to listen to some of my half mastered vinyl, they will sound even better.

Does anyone have a good turntable/ cartridge they are thinking about selling?

and yes, life is getting better on all fronts....thx! ;-)

Got a pic of your room and rig?

The emotiva phono stage is getting good reviews. Anyone else have a suggestion for a good moving mag phono. I think he is planing on using the stealth dac and his pre. The emotiva stealth has an analog input too which makes it a great all around choice.

Why did you pick BB over justins other offerings?

SET of course and plenty power for the LS's. It looks great too. Talked to Justin a long time, his input most valuable! Price point was acceptable. its kinda like the story about porrage and the three bears. It is just right!

PWK said, " what we need is a good 5 watt amp" I have an extra watt!

• Like 1