SW-8 II

Utard

The sub you listed is made for low frequencies not midbass. Even if you were to mod it the sub in the cabinet is tuned to low frequency as it is without the amp...value if mint honestly $50 at best...If i owned it i would sell for $25. Just a bit outdated and under powered although could be used as it was made for with some kg.5's or up to the kg2 or a bit larger in the kg line...up to use with even a kg4.

• Like 1

Yes possibly although next time he may have a real good deal and better off not pisn him off ya know...wow $250 maybe in 100yrs when its the only one left at the big commission klipsch auction...

I was actually mistaken and originally thought it was powered...it is indeed a passive subwoofer...the $50 in my opinion would drop to $40 and if i had it my $25 would drop to $20.

The passive subs do serve their purpose even though not many use them at least in the older fashioned typical accustomed designed use from/in their day...

I was actually mistaken and originally thought it was powered...it is indeed a passive subwoofer..

No it is a powered sub, it has an 8 inch powered active driver in front and a 10 inch passive radiator in back, it's sealed no port.

I had one a long time ago probably around 1994, my first subwoofer I bought it as a display model from the old "The Good Guys" store. They are nice for a small sub. nice solid wood cabinet and a lot of punch. Not worth the money he's asking for sure but it was a great little sub.

Edited by Rich_Guy

I see and originally thought so. Good eye! I have had the chance to own one. I ended up buying a velodyne ct80 and actually wish i still had it lol

I do miss some of the old powered subs just a little bit but still have several choice pieces. some i use and some on tap...nothing can compare to a diy sub system anymore...thankfully in my opinion...at least we can spread the money around a bit and make our own choices along that path..

Oh forgot to mention it was also my first Klipsch speaker, I've bought Klipsch speakers ever since :) Before that I always thought my next speaker was going to be Infinity Kappas, so I guess that is the speaker that brought me to Klipsch.