Snag a 65th Anniversary Klipsch Poster

Alex L

Klipsch_65th_Wide_small_6353453731127900

Amy and I found a bunch of the 65th Anniversary Klipsch posters (only 500 ever made) in a backroom and thought y'all might like to snag one! Of course, nothing in life is free, so we have a request from you in order to receive a poster... :)

As you may have heard through the rumor mill, we are launching a new all-encompassing Klipsch Blog and we are looking to score some really great content for it. That's where you come in! To snag one of these posters, we are requesting that you write a blog post about your Klipsch setup in the following format.

Here we go...

MAIN PHOTO: We will only accept high-res photos for this so please do put some effort into the photos. We really cannot accept low quality photos with the way the blog is going to be setup - highly visual & landscape.

WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH: Just write about how you first came into contact with the brand.

WHERE & WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE:

THE SETUP: Discuss how you went about setting up your system and what you use it for.

MAIN SPEAKERS: What model they are and why you selected them

CENTER CHANNEL (If applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

SURROUNDS/BOOKSHELVES (if applicable): What model they are and why you selected them

SUBWOOFER (If applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

RECEIVER: What model it is and why you selected it

AMPLIFIER (if applicable): What model it is and why you selected it

MEDIA CABINETS (if applicable): People sometimes like to know what media cabinets you're using.

ANYTHING ELSE?: I obviously don't know everything that people would want to know about this kind of thing, so if you have suggestions that would make sense, lemme hear them!

First...hmm...let's say 10 people to do this will snag a sweet 65th Anniversary Klipsch poster! Thanks, everyone :)

EDIT: Just post your answers to these questions below or, if you find that uncomfortable, shoot an email to alex.leopold@klipsch.com

• Like 3

Old set up14079957331_20698f53c0_k.jpg

New set up13896561738_9fe3328ac8_o.jpg

12270812703_9ae655beb2_o.jpg

12270655865_50eda48727_o.jpg
WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH:

Frankly... I do not remember when I first heard of the Klipsch brand, suffice to say it was more than a decade ago. What I do distinctly remember was, that after purchasing my first pair of Klipsch Heresys, there was little doubt in my mind that I made the correct choice.

WHERE & WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE:

For me, price was an issue when buying my first pair of Klipsch Heresys... and as part of my search for a "good" pair of stereo speakers, I gravitated to the Heresy's that were on the secondary market. Purchased from eBay from a nice gentleman who lived back east, I remember the excitement as I opened the boxes.

THE SETUP:

Set up has been a journey to say the least... many incantations have existed, but always in a fashion where I am only changing small parts of the whole set up at any given time. Thankfully, it has been a path that has almost always taken me forward, and rarely backwards, in terms of sound quality and listening satisfaction.

I have stayed away from Tube based main amplification mainly because of lack of intimate knowledge, though I do run a "Parks" Tube based Pre Amp for my Phono-stage. To this point, with the absolute blackness and superb clean sound of the main power amps I am running, injunction with their extreme "Musicality", I have felt little need to make the change to Tube based amp's... though it is not out of the question in the future.

MAIN SPEAKERS:

Modified Klipsch Cornwall

CENTER CHANNEL:

RC-64ii... blended thru eq'ing to come into line (as much as possible) with the Cornwall mains in terms of Timbre.

SUBWOOFER:

Klipsch SW-115

RECEIVER:

Pioneer SC-35... I came to the "Ice" based SC-35 after trying many class A-A/B amps. I love the extremely low/black noise floor of Class D amplification.

AMPLIFIER:

Bel Canto Ref500M... Based on reputation and Class D layout.

MEDIA CABINETS:

No cabinets but Drexel mid century solid walnut stacked end tables

Edited by Schu
  • Like 2

Awe c'mon, I've spent almost $20,000 on NEW Klipsch products over the last decade, and I've probably saved hundreds of Cornwalls by having The Cornwall shipping container (Vault) built. I also contribute to extending the life of Klipsch products, both old and new.

Finally, my name, as well as that of Bob Crites, Al Klappenberger, Dave Harris, and Craig Otsby - can't even be used in a sentence without uttering the sacred Klipsch name.

Besides, all I have are camera phones for pictures, a pair of sawed in half and glued back together RB-61s that came out of your lab, and I live with a bunch of pack ratters and I would need a shovel to even find my system.

Please reevaluate your poster criteria. : )

• Like 3

More than willing to do it!! Can you post a link to the blog??

More than willing to do it!! Can you post a link to the blog??

In... I want one

Yeah, im in, but where do we start?

I'm in too, some info will be helpful.

Just respond to this thread with the photo and answers! If you are uncomfortable with that you can always email alex.leopold@klipsch.com! The blog is not yet live...We just want to have tons of awesome content ready for it.

Dad at the park. Best i could get out of my Fuji Finepix 400

pictures430_zpsc5d2939f.jpg

My first experience with Klipsch was shopping for a new pair of speakers, i spent a good 6 months looking for a pair i could love for years to come. I ended up buying a pair of Chorus II's from a long gone stereo store in Niles Illinois and have been very happy with them ever since.

Powering them at the time was Kenwood's flagship KVR 9020 but soon replaced with Adcom GFA 5500 amp & GTP 350 preamp purchased from Simply Stereo to get more sound out of the Klipsch set, big improvement.

My father heard my Chorus II's and quickly retired his Altec Lansing Valencia's he purchased new in the late 60's.

Since i have owned many sets of Klipsch speakers and have no future plans to replace my current Chorus II's & La Scala's.

Edited by jason str
  • Like 1

This is the best photo I can take with current light conditions and my iPhone, of one of my '67 vertical decorator Cornwall speakers. Some of you may remember me as the guy who reproduced Pie Logos for a while, and the one in this photo is an example of "Bronze":

post-6935-0-38100000-1398993155_thumb.jp

First heard Klipschorns in 1979 when I was 12, at my friend Charlie Dwyer's house. They were located on the landing of a grand staircase, and filled 2 floors with luxurious sound. I was mesmerized...

First purchase was a used pair of 1973 Decorator La Scalas in Portland, OR. for $565

The setup includes the La Scalas in my Den, 1967 Vertical Decorator Cornwalls in my dining room, and 1959 Shorthorns in my living room. Went about it as space allowed (no dedicated HT), and use it as the mood suits, and the neighbors allow.

The main speakers would have to be the 1973 La Scalas, as I listen most often in the den, unless I have all of them fired up at the same time. Still waiting for 2 pair of Heresy speakers; one each for the bedroom and kitchen.

No Center.

"Bookshelves" will hopefully be the above mentioned Heresy pairs.

Receiver - Sony model # STR - D1015. Chosen when I didn't know any better.

McIntosh C 28 Pre-Amp, MC 2505 Amp, and 2 @ MC 250 Amps. Chosen for sound.

No Media Center.

Would LOVE a poster, and hope to have satisfied all the requirements.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by mungkiman
  • Like 1

13896837758_31f42fcc9d_b.jpgWHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH: i heard them in a friends room when i was stationed in Japan in 2007. It was the smallest reference RF-10 Home theater

WHERE & WHERE YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE: i made my first klipsch purchase aboard the USS Kitty Hawk in the middle of the Pacific Ocean somewhere.

THE SETUP: My 7.1 theater consisted of RF-82's, an RC-52, 4 RS-42's and one almighty RSW-10d.

MAIN SPEAKERS: my mains in my three klipsch setups now are the RF-63 in my living room, the KL-650 thx ultra 2 in my home theater, and the 1985 cornwall in my 2 channel setup.

CENTER CHANNEL (If applicable): my living room has the RC-64 and my home theater has the KL-650 thx ultra 2 for its center.

SURROUNDS/BOOKSHELVES (if applicable): living room has the RS-52's for about another week till i pick up some RS-62's, and the home theater has four KS-525's for surrounds.

RECEIVER: my living room runs on a modest denon 1713. My home theater is ran by my onkyo TX-SR805.

AMPLIFIER (if applicable: living room doesnt have a receiver with pre outs so no amp up there.....for now. Home theater is ran off a sherbourn PA7-350. 350 watts for all 7 channels. plenty to go around.

MEDIA CABINETS (if applicable): up stairs has a cheap ikea cabinet with doors to keep the 3 year old out of stuff. Home theater consists of a custom in wall cabinet i built with my father. and a false wall which hides the three THX ultra LCR's and 4 18" DIY subwoofers.

ANYTHING ELSE?: obviously i am an addict. what was once a venture into a descent home theater has turned into an obsession with wanting to hear anything and everything i can for the rest of my life. i hope to one day own either a full heritage home theater if that is what the next home needs or if i have the space to have a full cinema setup with the 402's across the front..... one day soon hopefully!

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

i have a few other fun pictures...

and not sure why but i limited my jpg to 2mb through lightroom but when i attach it on here looks like it says 85 kb. unless that is just the thumbnail size or something. let me know if you need higher res photos chad.

I'm not Chad....:)

If you have a higher res (under 10mb) just shoot it over to alex.leopold@klipsch.com

MAIN PHOTO: I dont know if my new(olympus about 14mp $50 at HHgreg) is hi resulution...I also dont know how to post pics?

I have tried and tried...I cannot get a picture to post :unsure:
WHEN/WHY YOU FIRST HEARD OF KLIPSCH: I had a baby and was trading my car audio for home audio

WHERE & WHEN YOU MADE YOUR PURCHASE: From custom audio concepts Lima Ohio when I was having my 1st kid. Lived so many years in the dark from klipsch...Even as of recently have been accustomed to the use of the k402&k510 with jublees and many other rare high performance klipsch. The klipsch venture never ends! Although KLIPSCH does provide the most affectionate contentment in audio bar none.

THE SETUP: Crown&bgw amplifiers

MAIN SPEAKERS: Chorus ii (Black)

CENTER CHANNEL (If applicable):kp250

SURROUNDS/BOOKSHELVES (if applicable): surrounds kpt2502c's/back surrounds Tangent by klipsch t5000's

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon

AMPLIFIER (if applicable): Crown xls for mains and surrounds-Bgw750g for subwoofers

MEDIA CABINETS (if applicable): .Silver with glass sheves

ANYTHING ELSE?: Klipsch.................................with Radian 18" direct radiating subs

I went a solid 2 years buying and testing every single klipsch speaker I came across if indeed it was for sale...New and Used....I have narrowed my modest life now with still a very large KLIPSCH collection I cannot live without. From reference klipsch to heritage klipsch they all have a place in each and every space!

I must add...You name the speaker from a-z I have owned or/and tested it..Klipsch is home plate...When i went from a $8000(actually fairly modest) car stereo to home audio my first system was all klipsch...well i tried everything and i mean EVERYTHING....nothing and I mean NOTHING produced sound as did that first system i had that was indeed klipsch. Out of more than 30 home theater setups iv owned i was only settling for(other brands) and still had in my mind that 1st klipsch setup that i had when leaving car audio. Once ebay came out i found it easy to get exactly what i wanted and have done exactly this at least 3 times. In them days I tried what looked good...what was the most expensive and what my friends were using. Still nothing produced sound like the original klipsch system i began with period. Now being a part of the klipsch forum i have learned more than i ever knew was possible in audio and its all fact. Klipsch is home plate. Beyond a homerun. Nothing can compare to the true contentment klipsch brings me. I cannot sleep now without at least owning my klipsch collection. What i have stated in this paragraph is pure truth no bs. Klipsch is a legend and what follows is the finest speaker with the best people on the planet. Bar none. KLIPSCH IS HOME PLATE. Its so glad to be at home in audio with klipsch. Best regards to you on your audio venture.

Edited by beeker
  • Like 1

WHEN - late 70's my friend had a set of HD BR Cornwalls

WHERE - 1st purchase was a 1986 set of Klipschorns in cherry oil from Audible Elegance in cincinnati, ohio around 1990-92 had them over 20 yrs.

THE SETUP -

MAIN SPEAKERS - ( A ) 1969 K-horns - selected k-horns because they were the first klipsch speakers i ever bought

MAIN SPEAKERS - ( B ) 1979 Cornwalls - selected these because they are the rare ramblin rose veneer

CENTER SPEAKER - 1975 Belle - because its the prettiest speaker klipsch ever built

SURROUNDS - 69 Heresys - selected these because they fit perfectly on 18" stands for surround duty

SURROUNDS - 77 Heresys - selected these because they were built by a klipsch employee for a klipsch employee ( not for sale on the rear label )

Subwoofer - ( A ) Klipsch RSW-15 best sub klipsch ever made

Subwoofer - ( B ) Klipsch RSW-15 best sub klipsch ever made

RECEIVER - Pioneer - been buying Pioneer products for 40 years

AMP - Sunfire - because bob carver was like paul klipsch as an innovator

ANYTHING ELSE - had one set of the big 5 heritage in the house at one time

over the last 24 yrs i've had 4 set k-horns/ 4 sets belles/ 1 set of lascala/ 12 sets cornwalls/ 16 sets of heresys

bought new - 4 Cornwall 3's all 4 consecutive serial numbers in 2007

bought new RF-83's - 64 center - 52 rears

bought new RF-7iis - 64 2 center

bought new RF - 82's - 62 center

bought new WF - 35 and 24 center 500 and 300 subs

my son just bought over 50 in ceiling klipsch speakers for his new house.

post-12513-0-46180000-1398978733_thumb.j

Edited by Budman
  • Like 3