Very OT question for you car guys.....

Mighty Favog

It can be done, but not with a modern factory car that has front struts. A lot of guys used to pull the front shocks off of their drag beaters to get more weight transfer to help with traction. The problem with this is too much power is being lost in this big weight shift instead of propelling the car forward. With modern four link rear suspensions and adjustable coil over shocks for the rear, racers can adjust how much squat they need without breaking the tires loose...(although its still a fine line). Pro Stock race cars produce 6 G's on takeoff compared to 4 G's on a 8000 horsepower Top Fuel rail. Even then, the Pro stockers don't want to pull the tires off the ground. A properly setup drag car doesn't want to pull the tires.

http://youtu.be/dkF1qwnBIsM

Why cant I embed this video?

Edited by Max2
  • Like 1

Nope too much weight up front for any stock form street legal muscle car to get the wheels off the ground.

Here are a couple wheel standing pics of my one of my works race cars. We manufacture our own line of performance parts, including wheelie bars, performance engine parts, performance transmission parts, shifters, etc. We have our own and sponsor race cars and drag races around the world.

berg_car.jpg

berg_car_2.jpg

Here are some fun videos

and 6.71 second 1/4 mile, 198 mph VW dragster

Edited by Rich_Guy
  • Like 1