G-17. Unable to connect to my Network.

phild

I just purchased a G-17 and I’m unable to get it to connect to my network.

I have a WRT300N running in mixed mode.

I do not have wpa or wpa2 running.

I’ve scanned all the addresses on 192.168.1.* and there is nothing using 192.168.1.12

If I ping 192.168.1.12, I get destination unreachable.

When I switch on the G-17 the wireless button first goes solid red for about 5 seconds, then rapid blinks blue for about 60 seconds and then slow blinks purple.

Pressing it at anytime has no affect.

Pressing the reset button has no affect.

I am unable to see the device on my network.

On my iPad mini, I am unable to see the Klipsch network in settings/wifi.

The apple Klipsch application is unable to detect a G-17.

I have an apple TV and I am able to play to that from my apple devices.

I have a Dennon receiver with airplay and I am able to play to that from my apple devices.

Any ideas, Please?

Thanks

Phil

It's troubling that your Klipsch software can't detect the device. Usually if that PnP technique doesn't work, installing it manually won't work either.

Make sure you have Administrator privileges, so you can install and change programs.

I suggest you turn off your Firewall, and be aware sometimes the Windows firewall is running, and a second firewall installed by your anti-virus software may ALSO be running.

I think there is a setting that will suspend the software firewall for 10 minutes for just this purpose. If that doesn't work, also try turning off your firewall and your virus protection temporarily, then turn them back on right away if this doesn't work. Remember, there is probably a firewall which is also hard wired into your router.

There is also a safety feature in Win7 (I think it's a Windows service) that makes the network undetectable. You want to make sure your network is "searchable" mode.

Quick Edit: Go to the Start menu, and at the bottom where it says "Search Programs and Files" type "msconfig." The msconfig.exe will appear as a menu choice, RIGHT CLICK on it and choose the second menu choice for "Run as administrator." This will give you a quick way to check which Services are running. You can also have fun seeing what programs Windows starts that you might not know about. :)

(I've only got a few minutes to post right now. If you can't find these features, post again and I'll try to provide specifics)

Edited by wvu80

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I did in fact have my firewall turned completely off and I did follow the guide (many times :))

I also just called the Klipsch support line and spoke with Ryan who was very helpful:

As I mentioned, my connection light goes red, then fast blue blinking for 60 seconds and then slow blinking purple. According to Ryan, this is incorrect behavior and the device is defective. Further, when I press the connection button, I should get a response of some sort. It should flash red or change from slow blinking blue to purple etc. In my case there is to effect whatsoever when the button is pressed.

So. The device is bad. I have already gone through the return process with Amazon and ordered another unit which will arrive Tuesday.

Thanks

Phil

Thank you Phil, for the update, I always like to know what the solution is to a problem. It adds to my knowledge base. :)

It is really hard to determine when a device is defective without having two of them to test on. I have dealt with a LOT of tech support people who will tell you ridiculous things like "re-install your operating system" just so you will go away and they won't have to deal with you.

Kudos to Klipsch tech support for recognizing the problem, taking responsibility, and getting you on your way to enjoying your product.

Edited by wvu80

• 6 years later...

This device is the worst present I have ever gotten. 
My father wanted to buy me good speakers for my birthday. Instead I had to deal with a device that needed to restart every time. After a year it stopped completely from working.. it recognizes my network but won’t play any music from my iPhone.  Ryan from the costumer care was very nice but couldn’t really help me. 
i just don’t understand why l this devise is still on the market?!

i have such a headache fr all the time I spent trying to fix bran new speakers. I wish had the option to return them, but it was mailed fr the States and took me too long to give up on it. I’m sad and frustrated.