Klipsch KD-13 Passive radiator baskets worth anything?

pulled these out of my original forte's and was wondering if they are worth anything at all? if so could you guys let me know what they might bring. thanks! the white/silver stuff is duck tape that the previous owner used to make a hilarious fix.

post-58367-0-42740000-1399275694_thumb.j

They have possible value as a replacement...definitely worth keeping around...may be years but eventually to use exact or as close to correct parts in original rebuilds they would be good to have. Like i said may be years and many of them...If you had them in ft wayne indiana i would meet you and give you $5 maybe $10 for the pair...or recycle them although i find any original klipsch rebuild-able part to hold value...

all in all honesty may not be worth anything now although in the future absolutely...

Could be somebody around that would pay $20-25 cash right now...i'd have to draw a line at highest possible value today right now at maybe $40-45 cash for the one person you may find that would need them right now..

just my two cents but that's about what a set of empty baskets are worth unless scrap metals pays more for what they weigh. What was of value is gone. Having the cone along with both its suspensions (spider and half round) would allow you to go to a speaker rebuild shop and give them what they would need to replicate the passive in either the original basket or in another which would fit the opening of the speaker cabinet. The key components are the moving mass and the stiffness of the suspension.

So long as the passive is airtight and the suspension moves freely it will work. A lot of people discard passives due to superficial damage or physical damage which can easily be repaired such as dust cap or cone punctures or suspension tears and rips. Best regards Moray James.