****SOLD**** Walnut Vertical Cornwalls For Sale ****SOLD****

philly0116

I'm putting up my Walnut Cornwalls again. I have no intentions of replacing my RF-83's and these have been in my utility room for 6 months under a blanket. They are in very good shape. They have glass tops on them. They also have new tweeters, drivers, grill cloth and crossovers from Bob Crites. When I say new I mean about a year old. I have them on black risers I built. The risers are not screwed on, they are attached with a removable "sticky disc". The cabinets are 1964 cabinets with the vertical configuration and the pie emblems are original to the speaker. I had to replace the components when I got them because the original grills were torn, the original drivers were torn and the tweeters didn't work. They have the original k-55 mid range in them. All that I did to that was replaced the seal inside. They are consecutive numbers and as you can see in the pics one of the tags is somewhat messed up. These speakers sound great and are ready to go another 50 years! Im asking $1200 but I will listen to offers for other speakers, speakers + cash, etc. I'm primarily interested in the Reference line, but not opposed to other Klipsch speakers in the Heritage line. If you want to make an offer just PM me. I am located in Central Arkansas. Im not really interested in shipping but if I absolutely had to I would at buyers expense. I am not opposed to driving a little to meet, say 50 miles any direction. I'm willing to drive further but some gas money would need to be thrown in. Thanks for looking.

post-53642-0-73660000-1399387811_thumb.j

post-53642-0-78620000-1399387819_thumb.j

post-53642-0-03700000-1399387829_thumb.j

post-53642-0-50900000-1399387846_thumb.j

post-53642-0-27780000-1399387854_thumb.j

post-53642-0-05140000-1399387859_thumb.j

post-53642-0-49060000-1399557527_thumb.j

Edited by philly0116

how did you like removing the 10,000 staples. i did it on a 74 vertical set and ended up just making grill boards for them. actually i made 2 sets. one black and one cane

Edited by Budman

how did you like removing the 10,000 staples. i did it on a 74 vertical set and ended up just making grill boards for them. actually i made 2 sets. one black and one cane

Lol. The 10,000 staples were a blast. I actually recruited my father in law to do one motor board while I did the other because it was quite tedious.

Those look really nice. In my neck of the woods too. :D I wish I was in the market. I think that is a fair price.

Thanks. I think its a fair price considering I have just over $800 in Crites parts in them not to mention having bought the cabinets, the supplies and the time involved.

Edited by philly0116

Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but is there a benefit to a horizontal horn?

When I decided to get Cornwalls I intentionally hunted a pair of verticals. Im not an expert but in my opinion, with the mids and tweeters out on the ends the way they are I think it gives a better sound stage and better seperation.

Puzzles me that they completely abandoned the vertical design. Always seemed like a no brainer for them to be that way as far as Im concerned.

Some people suggest that having to pay attention to the mirror imaging of the cabinets was a factory time waster, but the build time should be the same as long as any given employee was paying attention. I also love my verticals! Best of luck with your sale. Those are beautiful!

Puzzles me that they completely abandoned the vertical design. Always seemed like a no brainer for them to be that way as far as Im concerned.

Some people suggest that having to pay attention to the mirror imaging of the cabinets was a factory time waster, but the build time should be the same as long as any given employee was paying attention. I also love my verticals! Best of luck with your sale. Those are beautiful!

Thank you!

Awesome Speakers. I have a pair of Vertical Cornwalls as well, they are not mirrored which means there must have been a mix up at the store but still sound great.

These are definitely mirrored. I will find a link to my "before" thread.