KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

Beeker your right they see what is being said here. But yet still nothing is being said or done

reference_head I wouldn't assume that anyone from klipsch is reading this thread and would suggest instead you contact Amy to see if she can get you answers or at least in contact with someone who can oversee the resolution to your problem.

miketn

• Like 1

What's with the Lynch Mob responses..?

A Mistake was obviously made and yes it could have been handled better but to take this incident to the level some here are posting seems very wrong to me. Unless I'm mistaken this appears to be just an unfortunate incident and to let it reach the conclusions and suggestions some have posted seem way overboard IMHO.

As far as worrying about future warranty issues I don't see any issues because this situation isn't that complicated. A model version without crossover was mistakenly sent in place of the model with crossovers (they are identical in all other respects) and that is pretty simple to deal with and understand if in the very unlikely event warranty repair was needed.

reference_head again I'm sorry that this didn't go perfectly smooth for you but some of these post just seem way overboard in response IMHO.

miketn

Sorry, but thats BS. This is an error you would expect from a car dealer and lets not sugar coat this situation or anyone could expect it again. A thousand pounds of speaker being shipped deserve a second look at the order, its not like they're shipping out a single driver or something.

It seems someone "inside" would have already read this thread and have stepped up now and said, "our bad, we're sorry, please accept this box of Klipsch swag," or at least something.

I tried to buy updated K-horn X-overs direct through the Hope plant as I have gone to them for parts since the 80's and early 90's. They then directed me to the "Indy" headquarters. I had two conversations with the same fellow that knew exactly what i needed for the top and bottom. He took my number and email addy and said he would contact me with prices and and email a doc. showing what would be sent out, but it would take him 2-3 days. No call backs and no email. That crap wouldn't have happened 20 years ago. These days you have to take people by the hand, treat them like a 3 year old and be half a prik to make sure things get done correctly. Then they act like you are the jerk even though they can't carry the ball without dropping it. Its just the sign of the times these days

• Like 1

Lynch Mob that's funny What's wrong with getting what you paid for ? Why should he have to go through all this bs and install the parts himself after dropping 4500.00 ? Bad enough the mistake was made , but then to drag your feet and not overnight the parts .

On top of that they insult the guy with a 140.00 pair of speakers If he sends them back it will cost them return shipping and then the speakers will have to be sold as B stock - They should step up and overnight the parts and give him a refund that equals B stock price and give him the 21. speakers for his time for installing the parts and his stress .

I personally would load them up and return them to the dealer and not look back . I would also bet if this happened to you it would a different story

Edited by A1UC
  • Like 1

It was a mistake and they are made although my gosh id been working some ot and sent them overnight...still have 5 days or who knows when to receive the networks...Many blessings

EDIT: oh yeah and get some new labels on them too? idk...i love klipsch although for any purchase $5 or $50k whats right is right and id go miles to make things right(and i mean better than the original order then some, and this pc im writing on is no different if i was on the phone or face to face...I have cussed car dealers out bad and loud in the 5 million dollar office on a saturday morning when everybody changing oil could hear me...im not too passive although very respectful and been on both sides rarely on the selling side being wrong cause i make it RIGHT to a T)....I still to this day have tasks i owe to others for helping me out even when i paid nothing....

Edited by beeker

Beeker your right they see what is being said here. But yet still nothing is being said or done

reference_head I wouldn't assume that anyone from klipsch is reading this thread and would suggest instead you contact Amy to see if she can get you answers or at least in contact with someone who can oversee the resolution to your problem.

miketn

Mike you make some great points. And I am trying not to overreact. After all they are just speakers :).

Bad CS when i spend a lot of money drives me crazy. I know some will say it should not matter how much you spend and that is true but... Size does matter. Are we to believe that if a giant theater that bought 100k of stuff and is having a grand opening in two days. And klipsch sent the wrong what ever and with out it they can not run the sound. Do they really put the part on a ups truck with over a week shipping time? My guess that theater has the part in 24hrs or less.

• Like 1

I would call them and tell them to pick up the speakers... Then I would call my CC, and tell them to withhold payment. Once you have your money back I would go get the used ones.

• Like 1

I don't see the big deal. A few days (or even weeks) is a short time in the end. Maybe Klipsch should just stop selling pro stuff to hobbyists. Maybe more trouble than it is worth. One of my Pro speaks showed up with major damage. I refused the box called American Cinema and Kliipsh had an other one to my house in a week. It was not the end of the world, and I never thought about calling out the lynch mob.

• Like 2

I don't see the big deal. A few days (or even weeks) is a short time in the end. Maybe Klipsch should just stop selling pro stuff to hobbyists. Maybe more trouble than it is worth. One of my Pro speaks showed up with major damage. I refused the box called American Cinema and Kliipsh had an other one to my house in a week. It was not the end of the world, and I never thought about calling out the lynch mob.

1. They sent him the wrong product

2. They are expecting him to open up the produc,t and repair it with the parts they sent him.

3. He paid for a complete product that he selected, and he did not get the product he paid for.

What would you think if you bought a new car and when you took it home found out that parts were missing, and the Dealer said here are the parts you a re missing... Install them yourself?

• Like 2

2. They are expecting him to open up the produc,t and repair it with the parts they sent him.

3. He paid for a complete product that he selected, and he did not get the product he paid for.

What would you think if you bought a new car and when you took it home found out that parts were missing, and the Dealer said here are the parts you a re missing... Install them yourself?

Actually, in this case the dealer is letting the car buyer deal with the factory. My stance remains that it is a dealer issue to correct, He made profit from this, he not the customer, should be on the phone to the corporation.

• Like 2

I would see it more like it was a race car than a regular car from dealer. (It is a pro product after all) I would expect the team to have the knowledge to install the part. He can send the speakers back, but really the problem is impatience not a lack of technical expertise. I will say it again. Once the speakers are up and running all will be forgiven.

• Like 2

Actually, in this case the dealer is letting the car buyer deal with the factory. My stance remains that it is a dealer issue to correct, He made profit from this, he not the customer, should be on the phone to the corporation.

True the dealer needs to deal with this, but keep in mind that we are more of an irritation to them than anything else. The margins on this stuff have to be much narrower than on consumer gear and dealing with a HT guy is not going to be high on their list of prioritys.

• Like 3

This is a good thorough statement...I agree!

Maybe they should stop selling any speakers to anyone if its more trouble than its worth.

• Like 1

Maybe they should stop selling any speakers to anyone if its more trouble than its worth.

I hope they don't. Do you really want to send the speakers back (because that would be your right), or do you just want the XOs to get there yesterday or the day before?

• Like 1