KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

I can't get over the size of the sound. The voice is the size of the screen.

Nice!

Would you say their scale is large even at normal listening volumes?

Large effortless sound is the best way I can describe them. Im sure you get what im saying being that you have heard them.

You're right. Main reason I ask is to see if you felt the same way. My inner hope is if/when you see people thinking on upgrading from X to W, you might also enlighten them as to your experiences.

Point: I've suggested folks jump up to the 2" horns. I've been told I carry that on endlessly. Interestingly, I never witness folks (endlessly) suggesting about other upgrades getting called out.

Be it as it may... matters not to me. As you've now seen.... do you want to buy a new amp to upgrade? How about new wires? Maybe a new crossover?

Having done every one of those myself, I feel they all pale in comparison to stepping up to larger format horns (space & budget willing of course)

I personally think (and operate under the guidelines of) someone should start big and go down the stairs until they hit their point of acceptance. I think 'starting slow' and upgrading capacitors.... then maybe wires (or something else).... then amps.... is simply an inefficient way of doing things and in the long run can be more expensive.

Leaving all as is and going from residential speakers to large format....well.... as you can see/hear..... is quite a singular & substantial jump. One in my mind that again, makes more sense if someone can swing it than some of the other choices.

For those guys offering horn upgrades, I've never heard them and if someone is considering them I always suggest they go with the 2" format (so I'm not downplaying any vendors however I do like keeping my stuff all Klipsch)

• Like 2

Hey reference_head glad to see all went easy with the crossover install and your really enjoying them.

The K510 because it is a controlled directivity design has advantages in that the tonal balance doesn't shift as dramatically with aiming the horn as collapsing polar types. That being said aiming can be used to shift the reflection patterns in the room so it's possible you might find a certain aiming preferable in your unique listening environment.

mike tn

I can't get over the size of the sound. The voice is the size of the screen.

Nice!

Would you say their scale is large even at normal listening volumes?

Large effortless sound is the best way I can describe them. Im sure you get what im saying being that you have heard them.

You're right. Main reason I ask is to see if you felt the same way. My inner hope is if/when you see people thinking on upgrading from X to W, you might also enlighten them as to your experiences.

Point: I've suggested folks jump up to the 2" horns. I've been told I carry that on endlessly. Interestingly, I never witness folks (endlessly) suggesting about other upgrades getting called out.

Be it as it may... matters not to me. As you've now seen.... do you want to buy a new amp to upgrade? How about new wires? Maybe a new crossover?

Having done every one of those myself, I feel they all pale in comparison to stepping up to larger format horns (space & budget willing of course)

I personally think (and operate under the guidelines of) someone should start big and go down the stairs until they hit their point of acceptance. I think 'starting slow' and upgrading capacitors.... then maybe wires (or something else).... then amps.... is simply an inefficient way of doing things and in the long run can be more expensive.

Leaving all as is and going from residential speakers to large format....well.... as you can see/hear..... is quite a singular & substantial jump. One in my mind that again, makes more sense if someone can swing it than some of the other choices.

For those guys offering horn upgrades, I've never heard them and if someone is considering them I always suggest they go with the 2" format (so I'm not downplaying any vendors however I do like keeping my stuff all Klipsch)

You make some great points. As I sit hear listening I keep asking myself why these aren't more popular. I get that looks are important in a lot of rooms. But when the performance is this good you would think they would be more talked about. Another example of bigger is better with Klipsch. At least in my experience that's how it's gone.

• Moderators
I personally think (and operate under the guidelines of) someone should start big and go down the stairs until they hit their point of acceptance.

I can guarantee you more people would have bigger speakers than they do now if they did this, and in some cases even saved money.

I took you advice and I am not moving down, I'm done. :emotion-25:

• Moderators
You make some great points. As I sit hear listening I keep asking myself why these aren't more popular. I get that looks are important in a lot of rooms. But when the performance is this good you would think they would be more talked about. Another example of bigger is better with Klipsch. At least in my experience that's how it's gone.

Well said. :emotion-21:

For a long time anyone who talked about Pro speakers we jumped on and made fun of for choosing "PA" speakers as if it was a plan to possibly upset the klipsch standard hierarchy of speakers, which is silly there Klipsch.

This is still part of the reason for what you have to do to buy them. There was so much negative talk Klipsch really did not wan to sell to individuals, it was not worth the trouble. People thought it was a plan to keep it secret, it was just not talked about because of the negative people who had NOT even heard them but made claims as if they knew something !

It is much more widely accepted now, or some just stopped complaining ?

• Like 2