KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

I might buy some 510's for my 904 bins. They have been collecting dust for too long. I was waiting till the money for 401's came, but they are just too expensive.

you mean 402's?? If you inquire about how much 510 horns are let me know

Yes 402's, a typo. You have a PM.

Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to pics of your new toys and hear your thoughts on how they sound.

It is strange to me that the Pro Series looks so retro....like they were made 50 years ago. Most of the photos online are in black and white too. I guess they figure they will be behind a screen so it doesn't matter how they look.

They're made for commercial use and will be unseen while in service in theatre use. The customers see them as a business expense, so if they were fancy-looking, it would possibly be seen as a frill the buyer would rather not pay for.

PA and SR (Sound Reinforcement) speakers by most companies are plain black boxes, as you will notice at nearly any concert you attend. The less noticeable they are, the less likely they are to visually distract from the performers on the stage.

That is kind of the road we are all at in this portion of the hobby, keeping the speakers hidden and out of sight as not to distract from those gigantic screens we have. more and more of us are hiding the toys which is ok. I have every intention to follow this same pay with some Pro Cinemas behind an AT screen in the next theater I build. Now 2 channel is a different story as the cosmetics are more important with them being a thing of beauty next to an amp and pre amp. I have my THX ultras darn near invisible in my theater mounted against a black angled ceiling. Lights off they disappear even dimmed lights they can hardly be seen. I think those KPTs RH and Scrappy have are going to sound incredible and be very professional looking behind their screens. Wish I could catch a flick on them to demo. Congrats to both of you gents.

nice... I love that speaker, when are they due for delivery?

What is the pricing for these things? Is the pro line much more expensive than the palladium line?

I'm guessing they are less expensive than the palladium

Not sure on date yet. Hope to know soon :)

The price is all over the place depending who you talk too. I sent out a ton of emails to different places. I went with the best price. The next best price was $1,000 more lol.

Youth is right palladium cost more than these. With the pro line your paying for performance and not so much for looks.

It's interesting how pricing for pro line and even jubilees have always been pretty much unspoken.

Youth i dont think they have a retail on these. They let the dealer sell them for what they want is my thinking (just a guess). The price list scrappy gave me was less then most of the # i saw. I did find one who matched it. Im sure one of the pro guys will jump in and with more info on how this works.

I sure like those (KPT-904 M) and after looking at them on the main page you guys got me seriously thinking about going with 5 of them! I could round out the mix with some of the small KP line units or use Heresy's. I already have competent subs and enough power to run them. Do they come with a passive crossover network it does not list one. Perhaps it's implied.