KPT-904M X3

Heritage_Head

hey ref, sorry to post stupidity in here. did they end up overnighting your parts? if not i will gladly send an email to that place telling them i will not be doing any business with them and will no longer recommend from buying from them, as i know people are gonna start following our footsteps after our rave reviews! bet if i did that they would give you a partial refund :ph34r:

I have not been home today (at work all day). So who knows if a box is waiting for me. This is on Klipsch 100% and it their fault. They messed up the order.

Im not totaly sure that when i get these networks that it will be right. Talking too you the networks are inside and mine have no place on the other side to put them like yours. The guy at klipsch says it will have evrything i need and that they forgot to send the networks with them. But im not so sure thats 100% true. I think they sent me the wrong cabs. And want me to figure how to use them with xo on the outside. I hope im wrong :) .

I think you would get their attention if you told them to come pick them up, and send the what you paid for, or you are stopping payment on them. Did you talk to a manager or just a sales rep? I would have escalated it up until it was solved and possibly a discount to boot.

I think your right but klipsch has the right to make it right. (imo)

I agree, but it doesn't appear that they are making it right when they send you a replacement part that appears to be a part that is supposed to be internal. Are they sending a Tech out to install it? I ask this because if you open the speaker up you might be voiding the warranty. What happens if by some chance you install it and it gets installed wrong (not that you would), but what if? Are they going to replace whatever gets damaged? That is why I would have escalated it up to get them to make it 100% right (the way you expected it to be).

• Moderators
amen to that and the picture is coming soon dtel!

Just checked back in, very impressive Scrappydue ........YOU DA MAN.

That's got to be hard to do, it would take good balance, muscles and a touch of crazy, well done ! :emotion-21:

• Moderators

DId I miss something, other then the planking. But I thought they put the K-69 on the 510, did they move to a B&C driver. Or is that what they all ways used.

I think thats what they always used

Not sure but originally the 402 came with the K-69 and I thought the 510 did also, not positive ?

• Moderators
That's got to be hard to do, it would take good balance, muscles and a touch of crazy, well done ! :emotion-21:

A touch of crazy? Think you are being modest. BTW, I loved the plank on the Reference Speaker Scrappy. That was awesome. I'll jump off of a 60' cliff into 40' of water but I don't think I would have attempted a plank on my RF-83's. LOL

• Moderators
A touch of crazy? Think you are being modest.

Well yea, but I didn't want to offend, after all he did it !

Scrappydue, the official planker of klipsch !.........Sounds like a poster opportunity

Now who is brave enough to try a boze cube ? :o

• Like 1

DId I miss something, other then the planking. But I thought they put the K-69 on the 510, did they move to a B&C driver. Or is that what they all ways used.

I think thats what they always used

Not sure but originally the 402 came with the K-69 and I thought the 510 did also, not positive ?

No scrappy has older ones and has the same driver

hey ref, sorry to post stupidity in here. did they end up overnighting your parts? if not i will gladly send an email to that place telling them i will not be doing any business with them and will no longer recommend from buying from them, as i know people are gonna start following our footsteps after our rave reviews! bet if i did that they would give you a partial refund :ph34r:

I have not been home today (at work all day). So who knows if a box is waiting for me. This is on Klipsch 100% and it their fault. They messed up the order.

Im not totaly sure that when i get these networks that it will be right. Talking too you the networks are inside and mine have no place on the other side to put them like yours. The guy at klipsch says it will have evrything i need and that they forgot to send the networks with them. But im not so sure thats 100% true. I think they sent me the wrong cabs. And want me to figure how to use them with xo on the outside. I hope im wrong :) .

I think you would get their attention if you told them to come pick them up, and send the what you paid for, or you are stopping payment on them. Did you talk to a manager or just a sales rep? I would have escalated it up until it was solved and possibly a discount to boot.

I agree, but it doesn't appear that they are making it right when they send you a replacement part that appears to be a part that is supposed to be internal. Are they sending a Tech out to install it? I ask this because if you open the speaker up you might be voiding the warranty. What happens if by some chance you install it and it gets installed wrong (not that you would), but what if? Are they going to replace whatever gets damaged? That is why I would have escalated it up to get them to make it 100% right (the way you expected it to be).

I agree, I have not got the parts yet so i will wait to pass judgment. I won't lie I'm a little nervous that this won't be a plug and play but idk. The place i got them from wanted klipsch to send me new speakers and take these back. But klipsch said no (don't need to). So we will see.

I will say when i get everything. If its a mess to figure out and i see that this was not intended to be like this i won't be as understanding. They know what was wrong and they said this will make it right. And I paid extra for the model with networks from the start.

Maybe Amy has been reading all this and she will let them know what I'm expecting to be sent :D

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

• Moderators
I won't lie I'm a little nervous that this won't be a plug and play but idk.

I think your going to be fine.

I say this because if you look at the way Klipsch did most designs(in the past at least). I highly doubt it's a different speaker, I would bet the only difference is your model has the crossover bolted on, everything else exactly the same.

When I said designs I was thinking how some drivers and parts and pieces were used on different models. I have heard it said it's like the military does things, if something works use it wherever needed. Just like how that bass cabinet is used with different horns on top to become something different, if you got the parts use them in different applications.

I agree, I have not got the parts yet so i will wait to pass judgment. I won't lie I'm a little nervous that this won't be a plug and play but idk. The place i got them from wanted klipsch to send me new speakers and take these back. But klipsch said no (don't need to). So we will see.

I will say when i get everything. If its a mess to figure out and i see that this was not intended to be like this i won't be as understanding. They know what was wrong and they said this will make it right. And I paid extra for the model with networks from the start.

Maybe Amy has been reading all this and she will let them know what I'm expecting to be sent :D

Def let us know how it works out, and if it ok we are waiting to hear how they sound. :)

Things can change but scrappys older cabs have stuff on both sides of his box. One side has the two 15" plug inputs. And the other side has the input terminals (to the networks inside). Mine has nothing on the other side. No holes anywhere on the cab other than the 15" plug inputs. So maybe that will come off and this will fit inside that? Or they want me to place the xo on top behind the horn. I don't know how i feel about that option. If its incased and protected that might be ok. But if its a bare bones xo and i have wires running all over the the speaker and hanging everywhere. That would be a joke and a bad one. I paid for a finished product that is plug and play. Sadly looking at the speakers and how it will need to be hooked up I'm worried that its the last option. Fingers crossed.

Mine only has things on one side of the box. I'm betting it will be simple crossover that you have to remove top woofer and screw inside on the side. You will then take out the existing terminal cup and put on in the exact same size and just figure where the wires go. That is all. Only two external wires will be the input every speaker has and then the hf input one. La scalas and khorns have the same thing just their networks are one the back. They have to hook up the top section as well. I am bettin it will be an easy fix. HOWEVER I still think someone should be giving you a few hundred dollars back as 1) you could have started enjoying a week ago 2) you have to tear apart your brand new speakers.

Emotiva once sent me a mini-x with a faulty volume knob. They immediately offered to send me a new one OR a new knob IF I was comfortable changing it myself. I told them no reason to spend 40-50 to ship one back and a new one to me. They sent the knob, a guy walked me through what to do over the phone. Then after it was done and fixed he asked if he could offer some money back to make it right. Think it was 20$ but I bought it at the warehouse sale so I only payed 100$ for it anyways. So they refunded me 20% because of poor quality control somewhere. I was patient and very understanding as I have lots of other gear to ride me over till then but point is I payed money for a product and it wasn't 100% when I received it.

Lol least they could send you a limited edition poster or a shirt or something!

• Like 2

I simply want what I pay for when It's promised, I don't expect anything more or less, everyone is human and mistakes happen the difference between a great company and a company is how they handle that mistake. In years past before the buyout I seriously doubt Klipsch would say (we will send you the parts, without a discussion with the customer and being CERTAIN the customer was 100% comfortable with that)

It honestly just seems a sign of the times that customer service / needs, take a back seat to shareholder profits.

Lets say you get the crossovers and scrappy is right, remove the woofer and install etc... You do get paid to work on your job because your time and experience is valuable to the company, why is your time at home less valuable ?? shouldn't Klipsch be responsible for that time, after all they saved labor cost not paying an employee to install the crossovers and you paid for that labor cost when you bought the speakers (every dime klipsch spends on producing a product + profit is passed on to the buyer)

realistically you are paying more than retail by fixing there mistake

I am not bashing Klipsch I would feel the same if it were betty crocker. Everyone understands it is human to make a mistake, I have made plenty and I have paid for everyone of them myself. Thats what I expect a company to do

Stand up say Yes we made a mistake and here are the options for correction of that mistake, and then perform the chosen option with a sense of urgency

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 3

Here is a pic of the horn driver. That thing is beefier than a rf7ii woofer. :o

DSCN0650.jpg

It looks as though this bracket allows you to angle the horn left and right 30-45 degrees. Does it also allow tilting up and down some?

Yes it also moves up and down. Im going to angle them down just a bit. Its a cool feature that i will use

• Like 1

Mine only has things on one side of the box. I'm betting it will be simple crossover that you have to remove top woofer and screw inside on the side. You will then take out the existing terminal cup and put on in the exact same size and just figure where the wires go. That is all. Only two external wires will be the input every speaker has and then the hf input one. La scalas and khorns have the same thing just their networks are one the back. They have to hook up the top section as well. I am bettin it will be an easy fix. HOWEVER I still think someone should be giving you a few hundred dollars back as 1) you could have started enjoying a week ago 2) you have to tear apart your brand new speakers.

Emotiva once sent me a mini-x with a faulty volume knob. They immediately offered to send me a new one OR a new knob IF I was comfortable changing it myself. I told them no reason to spend 40-50 to ship one back and a new one to me. They sent the knob, a guy walked me through what to do over the phone. Then after it was done and fixed he asked if he could offer some money back to make it right. Think it was 20$ but I bought it at the warehouse sale so I only payed 100$ for it anyways. So they refunded me 20% because of poor quality control somewhere. I was patient and very understanding as I have lots of other gear to ride me over till then but point is I payed money for a product and it wasn't 100% when I received it.

Lol least they could send you a limited edition poster or a shirt or something!

This makes me feel much better. I thought you said you had hook ups on both sides. I guess i heard you wrong. I can pop a woof off i have to. :)

• Like 1