out with the old dream theater and in with the new.... Full front pic added

Scrappydue

• Moderators

They're not that big. The 904 LF is only 2" bigger in each dimension than a Cornwall.

And less than half the size of some pro models, they just seem big when you have to move them. :D

WOW this place is getting ccrrrrraaaaaaaaazzzzzyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

I bet you use your original 18's....WOW this place is getting ccccccrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Congratulations scrappy!! Your just gonna love it.....Nice matchup! Best of luck and blessings on moving! You'll enjoy the ccrrraaaazzzyyyy gooood sound while your in pain nonetheless worth it! Cheers scrappy....

They're not that big. The 904 LF is only 2" bigger in each dimension than a Cornwall.

lol do you mean 2 feet bigger

Prolly only 140lbs each youll be ok...good luck to you as well reference! man its gonna hurt....It will pay off though no doubt!

Will you be using your Sherbourn to power everything, aside from the subs?
yes i will. should be more than enough power to get everything as loud as my little ear could ever take.
This is so far over my head all I can say is it must be nice to own that stuff much less even know what all of it is... TiMe To GoOgle.
i used to be the same way. stick around for a while, you'll figure it all out soon.
Your room must be huge
lol i wish. 12x23
Look like after these are in your home next up would be higher powered amps for all of them
the 350X7 i have for them now is complete overkill in my space, as is all the speakers so i will be good for a while. lol
I wonder how you will set this system up with 3 KPT-904s and dual 15” Lf drivers in each powered by some serious monaural amps you xo and sub needs may be changing those are some incredible speakers and specs. I can’t remember what size screen you have but you may be going bigger to encompass them on a midsize screen. I think you have around a 125” if I remember correctly
i will try them as large and cut around 60 hz instead of 80. just depends on how well they do in my room. this time around i will run some sweeps with the lcd, the new sub, and my quad subs. i am thinking 80 and up for the mains. 35-80 with the new sub and then 35 down to single digits with the other 18's. just to try it all out.

well here is a few pics for size reference. by the way i am 5'7".

14164433865_fdfef8c886_b.jpg

this one is grainy but wow look at the size of that HF driver!!

13977780039_68572b6ca5.jpg

13977788327_25b1611aaa_c.jpg

this sub is ridiculous!!

14164442475_9c32e856d3_b.jpg

and some of you have prolly heard of planking......I could not resist! too funny!!

14164525204_f2bbf46aa7_b.jpg

• Like 4

Seems the getten is starting to get good!

Will wait (impatiently) whilest you fool around with pogoing & planking... and hook them up.

Keep the process documented so you can go into detail when you have that OMG moment.

:)

• Like 1

whilest you fool around with pogoing & planking... and hook them up

that made me laugh pretty hard! they are hooked up. i hooked one to my pioneer sx-980 while i moved the rest around. to me they immediately remind me of my cornwalls but with much more pronounced mids and highs. they did seem a tad bright before any eq.

after running audyssey a couple times the brightness is tamed down. i am already in love with the sound these provide at lower volumes vs anything i have owned to date. these actually may save me some hearing. i usually watch with my wife at -5 below reference on our movie nights. these had that same fullness to me at -15. that to me is fantastic in itself.

i do need to get some attenutators as i think these are 104db rated and in my small room even on avr power they cal to 8 db over what they should be at. i have to turn the rs-52's up to match them. i have yet to hang any kpt-100's as i need to make some brackets or something for them. not in any rush as i will play with LCR and sub stuff for a while anyways and the 52's are there for now.

as far as the sub goes. the thing is huge. and it has a ton of output. it is flatter than my current subs and extends flat down to 18 hz in my room. i absolutely love the way it sounds with music. very articulate and punchy. awesome with just about everything i played on it. HOWEVER, i am not as a big of fan of it for the movies as my quad setup. so i think without playing too much and forcing myself to keep it, (when i don't need it) the fact it is hard to place due to the massive size of the LCR's, and i prefer my current sub setup, i will place the subwoofer for sale.

i wish my living room was a bit bigger as listen to more music up there i would keep the sub up there but the living room is even smaller than the theater. would make a great sub to pair with a 2 channel setup in my opinion.

more to come soon as i get more familiar with these. have only had about an hour with them so far and all of that time there has been either a mom, son, or wife in the room distracting me from REALLY paying attention to them.

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2

well here is a few pics for size reference. by the way i am 5'7".

14164433865_fdfef8c886_b.jpg

this one is grainy but wow look at the size of that HF driver!!

13977780039_68572b6ca5.jpg

13977788327_25b1611aaa_c.jpg

this sub is ridiculous!!

14164442475_9c32e856d3_b.jpg

and some of you have prolly heard of planking......I could not resist! too funny!!

14164525204_f2bbf46aa7_b.jpg

Dude, you're the man!!! Planking and bearding??? I hope you keep the beard through the summer as well (from a fellow beard lover) instead of dropping it to only re-appear during No-shave November.