Please recommend some good modern solid state integrated amp pairings with vintage Klipsch Cornwalls?

suntzu

it would either be a used Bryston SST series or a new ATI amp, which is probably the best bang out there right now. Both of these amps are way over built and built to last.

I have an ATI amp at home and absolutely love it. It's surprising how many amplifier companies have ATI build their amps for them.

• 4 months later...

Hi fellas,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not replying. Lots of great info here. 

Over the last couple of months, I've gone back and forth comparing solid-state amps and tube amp pairings with the Cornwalls. My ears have decided and the scales have fallen off my eyes. I'm definitely partial to tube amp pairings. I've decided to stick with the tube amps that I have and just play around with them. I am considering selling my Mcintosh MC275 for a Line Magnetic 219IA integrated amp. Yeah I know its heresy! Line Magnetic tube amps are less expensive here in Singapore compared to the USA.

http://www.lm-audio.com/cp_l.aspx?dyiji=10

I do realise I have to consider changing my crossover networks (Type A). Thanks for the headsup Dean. That will probably be my focus for now followed by some room treatment. I simply want to hear my Cornwalls at their best. 

Again thank you all for sharing your thoughts. There is a wealth of information in this forum. 

• Like 2

had my cornwall 1.5's hooked up to two Marantz ma 500 mono amps for quite a while....sounded really good to me! never even came close to using the available power.

specs:

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?Catid=HomeEntertainmentSystems&SubCatId=0&ProductId=MA500

getting ready to hook them back up to my Marantz sr 5002 again, setting up my HT once again. and that receiver always powered them very easily, no problems at all.

I am considering selling my Mcintosh MC275 for a Line Magnetic 219IA integrated amp. Yeah I know its heresy! Line Magnetic tube amps are less expensive here in Singapore compared to the USA.

There are a lot of good amps that don't cost a fortune.  Nice pick: I think you will like it!