KLF-30's vs Chorus 1's

CLUBSTA

Hello everyone,

Im trying to chose between purchasing a pair of these speakers. Has anyone auditioned the Chorus 1's against the KLF-30's? What are the pros and cons of each speaker. Has anyone auditioned the Chorus 1's against the KLF-30's?

The Chorus 1's have 15 inch woofers while the KLF-30's have a pair of 12" woofers. I would probably think the KLF-30's would be the better speaker in the bass department.

• Like 1

the chorus being the same or better than the cornwall i would take either(chorus then cornwall) much before the klf30. These although comparable speakers are very subjective and you will get the best results just buying them both and making your own opinion. Myself personally I would choose a chorus over the klf30. Directly after that I would chose a cornwall and the klf30 would follow close behind in the klipsch 3way stampede. That said you really cannot go wrong with either of them. In my opinion I would take 2 15's over 4 12's in quality comparable speakers without a blink....any klipsch 15 is a homerun. I love direct radiating klipsch 15's in a 3 way full range monitors.

The Chorus 1's are good speakers but I don't think I would put them before a pair of Cornwall 1's. I believe the Chorus 1's were supposed to replace the Cornwall 1's but never really did due to the lack of bass in the Chorus 1's, which is why they updated and released the Chorus II's with the passive radiator.

The Chorus 1's are good speakers but I don't think I would put them before a pair of Cornwall 1's. I believe the Chorus 1's were supposed to replace the Cornwall 1's but never really did due to the lack of bass in the Chorus 1's, which is why they updated and released the Chorus II's with the passive radiator.

I own cornwalls and have had chorus...i prefer the chorus and many others do or would as well if they would compare the 2. I would more compare the chorus to the current production cornwall...which i would also take the chorus 1st....I have side by side tested from low to high power, solid state to tubes....hi fi and mid fi...the chorus is more prominent or equal to the current cornwall that is in production let alone earlier models...even with updated crossovers...the chorus ii is a whole different animal and in my opinion one of the best speakers made.

CLUBSTA,

It would be nice to have the size of the room, if there is any treatment, what you will power them with, and what you will be listening to.

From the folks that respond, they should state what they have owned or listened to very extensively along in what size room.

So many people ask what speaker is best but all of these speakers respond differently to different amps and size rooms.

That said they are both good speakers though the KLF-30 will require better feeding, also possibly a bigger room. The 4 12's can go much deeper and if the room is large enough to not produce a bunch of overhang or you have adequate bass traps, will be subjectively better than the 15"

CLUBSTA,

The 4 12's can go much deeper and if the room is large enough to not produce a bunch of overhang or you have adequate bass traps, will be subjectively better than the 15"

Four twelve inch woofers will also push (for argument sake) the equivalent of three fifteen inch woofers. Cone mass is smaller in the 12", motor strength is higher, first break up mode is higher, pistonic operation runs higher and at crossover the dispersion should more closely match the mid horn. All of this translates into lower distortion. Yes they sound different and I think that difference is better for multiple woofers compared to next size up single woofer. People are simply used to hearing the cheaper option of a single fifteen inch woofer. The bottom line is always the bottom line. We all have our poison and you can like what ever you want to but the facts are as they are. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

Im leaning toward buying both pairs and selling the pair I like the least. A pair of Cornwalls just came up for sale as well. Decisions, Decisions.

KLF20 & 30 both came stock with poly tweeter diaphragms in the K79 tweeters. These are without a doubt the poorest diaphragms Klipsch ever used. If you want to compare the KLF with a Chorus then swap the tweeters out so you are listening to the same tweeter in each set of speakers. Chorus CW and KLF all have phenolic mid diaphragms. You don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. All the Klipsch which can be switched over to all ti diaphragms sound very much better as a result. Best regards Moray James.