WTB: Eliptrac 400

Paul29

Am collecting for my - after heresy - selfmade Horns. Learned from the Heresy/St Johns how not to do it as well.

In need of: Eliptrac 400

Any one has the beautiful Fastlaners laying around....?

( Send yu pics when have them these Fastlaners finished.)

Edited by Paul29

Am collecting for my - after heresy - selfmade Horns. Learned from the Heresy/St Johns how not to do it as well.

In need of: Eliptrac 400

Any one has the beautiful Fastlaners laying around....?

( Send yu pics when have them these Fastlaners finished.)

Get them new direct from Fastlane

As a kit or fully assembled

Both options are a very reasonable price

Thank you all for advice.and .....Joessporster especially cause that is very useful information i needed.

Wonder though... do most have them up to 18.000Hz or have up to say 14-16.000hz ...

Tweeter Upgrade, replace tweeter lens with Eliptrac HF + B&C DE-10 or DE-120.

Edited by Paul29

Thank you all for advice.and .....Joessporster especially cause that is very useful information i needed.

Wonder though... do most have them up to 18.000Hz or have up to say 14-16.000hz and have a more of a (super) tweeter above...

The mid range driver I use is the Great Plains 399 with my Eliptrac 400 - and they operate at a range of 500 htz to 15 kHz and the Tweeters are the JBL 2404H “Baby Cheeks” tweeters. ( They would probably be considered as super tweeters )

Wonderful combination just wonderful

post-57741-0-86360000-1399978357_thumb.j

Excellent ...thanks ..just right .

Did not know Great Plains... at all so surprise to see them and live.. in action.

Even much better to have them seperate on top of the bass...

Even more excellent you placed the JBL' s time responsive backwards...

If you let the picture shine.... i am gonna ask you the dimensions of the woofer compartment of this klipsch .

The dimensions of the Great Plains should be on internet somewhere probably as well.

A bit naughty i am.... i admit....can you place them with some music on youTube or send me a usb stick when you have time or can ..?.

Just simple will do.

Was thinking about the Fastlaners HF with a JBL driver but separate might even be much better cause music flow is not limited by side walls

Just open and flowing. Going to all directions which makes them more time sensitive as little disadvantage

Excellent ...thanks ..just right .

Did not know Great Plains... at all so surprise to see them and live.. in action.

Even much better to have them seperate on top of the bass...

Even more excellent you placed the JBL' s time responsive  backwards...

If you let the picture shine.... i am gonna ask you the dimensions  of the woofer compartment of this klipsch .

The dimensions of the Great Plains should be on internet somewhere probably as well.

The Bass cabinet is the standard 24" square

However when the sides and back were doubled with a second piece of plywood that increased it to 25.5"

Great Plains 399 specs - http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads/399series.pdf

As to my video capabilities I'm terrible at it - but will give it a go ( I think I have a Vimeo account ?)

All I can offer for now is my system showcase thread -https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149033-showcase-your-system/

Cheers

thanks a lot Full Range.

I see that you kept the T2A as well.

Prefer using the T2A far better then just a crossover with caps and resistors.

Cannot see clearly the other components on the crossover boards but what i noticed in my st john's is the new T2A and the first 2,2 uF silver inoil - or copperinoil even better - had a very positive effect .

Crossover with the Jupiter bee cap there which might do even greater .

Edited by Paul29

thanks a lot Full Range.

I see that you kept the T2A as well.

Prefer using the T2A far better then just a crossover with caps and resistors.

Cannot see clearly the other components on the crossover boards but what i noticed in my st john's is the new T2A and the first 2,2 uF silver inoil - or copperinoil even better - had a very positive effect .

Crossover with the Jupiter bee cap there which might do even greater .

I have used 2 ALK crossovers

The Universal and Currently the Gentle slope AP12-600 + AP15-6000 Crossover

Now while I'm using the AP12-600 + AP15-6000 Crossover the Universal has been stripped and repurposed with the any extra parts required to make this

See thread and comment - https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149952-alk-crossover-design-on-single-exposed-board/

Another way to test a crossover and or units for me is using Chamame music. Argentine Paragyuan country.

Demanding on the high tones

Would you believe me if I told you that my wife plays the Accordion and has done so - since she was 12 years old

She reads music and still plays her Titano Accordion from time to time

Cheers

Great... Very beautiful to meet you.

My favourite (and my little girl) : 10. El petacón (25:41) and La cimbra

very musical fine subtle dancing swinging

full of humor > el petacon is invited in a beautiful way to get moving a little.....she might need it.

Edited by Paul29