Forte placement

eth2

Pretty much sitting at a conference table, otherwise at a desk with my back to the speakers. They sound a little boomy at high volume within a foot of the wall

Oh I see!

Try it at 6 inches. I have berber carpet. It seems to make it softer

Boomy bass at high volume may be getting close, with some tweaking may take some boom out.

Corner placement for fortes? I have to laugh at that one.

3-4 ft. from the wall behind them is where I would start........

Shakey

You've never owned or don't know what you are talking about never tried?

Roger

I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

I have heard them on numerous occasions. In fact one owner is a member here and I hope he will chime in.

While I won't comment on your broken english, I will suggest that if you care about more than "thumping" bass, you will find them more musically satisfying when NOT shoved in a corner.

Shakey

Edited by Shakeydeal

How far from the wall do you place your Fortes? I put mine in my home office which has concrete walks, finished with foam and covered by plasterboard, with thick berber carpeting.

eth2,

Are they Forte' 1s or 2s???

Roger

Forte II

• Like 1

Corner placement for fortes? I have to laugh at that one.

3-4 ft. from the wall behind them is where I would start........

Shakey

You've never owned or don't know what you are talking about never tried?

Roger

I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

I have heard them on numerous occasions. In fact one owner is a member here and I hope he will chime in.

While I won't comment on your broken english, I will suggest that if you care about more than "thumping" bass, you will find them more musically satisfying when NOT shoved in a corner.

Shakey

Hmmm? Never owned huh?? Then did you place them in the corner then??

Shakey, I have owned more Klipsch speakers than you will ever listen to. And listened to more yet. Even without what I KNOW to be true (that you are wrong and more Bass is to be found in the corners) What did PWK say about putting speakers in the corner? The Forte' and ESPECIALLY the Forte' II sound better in the corner and you don't have enough experience to know the difference.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

I toe mine in with the closest point of the passive about a foot or more from the wall. Don't put them too close to the wall, that's like putting a port too close and will muffle bass response. Anywhere from a foot to a foot and a half is a good place to start. Every room is different so experiment away.

• Like 1

How far from the wall do you place your Fortes? I put mine in my home office which has concrete walks, finished with foam and covered by plasterboard, with thick berber carpeting.

eth2,

Are they Forte' 1s or 2s???

Roger

Forte II

eth2,

I like the Forte II better myself. That "Drone Cone" was meant for the corner. Try a 45 degree tow in with 9 to 12 inches from the wall when measuring straight back from the sides of the speaker till you hit the wall. or in your case filing cabinet or whatever. Check it out and play with the distance and see how you like it.

Rog

Yeah. And next you will extoll the virtues of receivers. Got it.

Shakey

Shakey,

I use separate stereo amplifiers for the separate channels of my surround sound and a dedicated pre-amp. I also know that most high end receivers provide more options than a high end pre does. I also know that a high end receiver, even a Marantz can sound better than Adcom sepperates do, and I have owned and do own Adcom sepperates. What I don't do like you, is come on hear and be condescending to a guy that may not be able to afford anything better and make a blanket srtatement that receivers suck. What has any of this have to do with your misinformed corner placement statement???

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer