McIntosh MC2000 Tube Amplifier - $1900 LA Ca

minermark

That is an amazing price. I have really never heard of the mc2000 nor looked it up. I bet it weighs at least 100lbs and sounds as good as anything around...its gotta be worth at least $5k..3500 in rough shape..

• Like 1

I dont appreciate people posting links to stuff thats too amazing for the human eyes :lol: I think i got off fast enough when i seen that(dont take that the wrong way lol)so it wont be fixated in my dreams lol

• Like 1

Audio Classics Has one for $11k, B1 Grade. I would like to hear that thing in my system.

You have speakers that would hail to such a nice amp. I would not even want it in my house atm lol thats a bit far for my threshold both the one upon my doorway and pay lol

Thats probably why i havnt heard of it...I have spent hours using mac gear although mcintosh is just a bit much...

Bet it does sound beyond words can describe!!

Anniversary version with the guy that built the MC-275 returning to design it. It is definitely a lust-worthy amp.

Review:

http://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/283/

The matching tube premp was another $4500:

http://www.stereophile.com/tubepreamps/577/

I have an MC-2205 (200wpc) and a McIntosh CD player from c1985, that I picked up in a big package deal with a nice pair of factory stain and lacquered La Scala. The thing that surprised me is that the CD player will play burned CDs (CDRs). The lasers were likely a lot more powerful when first introduced, lots of players from the 90's won't play burned CDs.