Selective Equalizers

JJkizak

If you have amplifier in/output absolutely...just place the eq between the pre(your avr) and the amplifier running to the speakers you want to eq and your good to go...if not you could try between your playback source and avr...although that will provide an eq to all of the 5.1 or 7.1 etc...

• Like 1

Unless the eq has hdmi you would need to go with the pre outs on your avr/pre (as what was said above)

I forgot some people around here can afford the finest on the planet....thats you :D I have yet to own an eq with hdmi(other than onboard avrs) that i can recall....yeah im pretty sure i havnt :lol:

• Like 1

Unless the eq has hdmi you would need to go with the pre outs on your avr/pre (as what was said above)

I forgot some people around here can afford the finest on the planet....thats you :D I have yet to own an eq with hdmi(other than onboard avrs) that i can recall....yeah im pretty sure i havnt :lol:

lol very funny :) . I have not owned an eq with hdmi. In fact i have never seen one yet :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I do wonder if there is one...surely there may be...I actually prefer optical then rca...seems like i get more bass out of rcas although the optical is so clear and steady...I have ran all hdmi and really didnt find any advantage other than just 1 wire from tv thru avr to dvr etc(hdmi are fragile too even when you buy the high dollar hdmi cords imo)...or what have you...I didnt particularly fall under a spell with hdmi sound quality...some may...I also like xlr lol i better shut up before i start another wire war....cheers :)

I did receive a full page reply from Denon to hook it up but it would equalize all the channels and

they said the smaller speakers might blow up. It also required an extensive retuning/adjust of the newer AVR.

so I just left it on the old AVR (much more power than the new AVR) for the K-horns.

JJK

For ht I let the avr do its thing (and eq them). But music is when I jump in and add what I like. Most of the eq is set to zero and what I do eq is just a bump or a small dip.

Exactly what I do as well...

I did receive a full page reply from Denon to hook it up but it would equalize all the channels and

they said the smaller speakers might blow up. It also required an extensive retuning/adjust of the newer AVR.

so I just left it on the old AVR (much more power than the new AVR) for the K-horns.

JJK

I have to mention cause I always do in eq situations maybe look into the networks(replace or rebuild) to clean up the dynamics in your khorns possibly...

• Like 1