Anyone Else Like/Wear Cowboy Boots?

LonestarBlues2

Being a Texan I like and wear Cowboy Boots. I own 31 pair of boots from various boot makers-Rios of Mercedes, Anderson Bean, Anderson Bean Horsepower, Lucchese Classics, Lucchese 2000, Lucchese 1883, Lucchese Resistol Ranch, Tony Lama Black Label, Tony Lama, Nocona, Justin, Los Altos, Ariat, Ferrini, Custom Made Austin Hall, Custom Made David Espinoza, Old Gringo. I have medium round toe, j toe, roper toe, snip toe, wide square toe, milan toe, cutter toe, buster toe boots. I own boots made from elephant, hippo, ostrich, ring lizard, snake/python, carpincho, goat skin, calf skin, bull hide, cow hide, New Zealand lamb. I like wing tip boots, have 10 pair of wing tip boots.

UPS will be delivering a 0 toe/x toe pair of Old Gringo Boots Monday from Boot Star, they have stores in Los Angeles, California & Las Vegas, Nevada. The boots were on sale. I purchased my Old Gringo Derrotado snip toe boots from Boot Star several years ago. Old Gringo Boots are made in Mexico. My new boots are Old Gringo Elvis Eagle Inlay Boots-the vamps & tops are a distressed brass brown color with aqua/turquoise eagle inlays on the vamps/tops/heel counters & aqua/turquoise collars on the boot tops. I have never worn or owned a pair of 0 toe/X toe boots before, they are super pointy. 0 toe/X toe boots are the type of boots that Country Musician Dwight Yoakam wears. Growing up as a kid we called super pointy boots roach stompers, we joked that you could kill roaches in corner wall with pointed toe boots. South Texas has lots of roaches.

Cowboy boots are all made to a price point. Rios of Mercedes, Lucchese Classics & Black Jack Boots are in my opinion the three best made Premium Quality USA Factory Made Boots. Lucchese boots are too damn expensive now days, they have raised their prices big time & their lesser quality 1883 Boots are priced at what Lucchese Classics used to cost.

I'm partial to and like the Rios of Mercedes Family of Boots, their mid line quality USA made boots are Anderson Bean & Olathe. Rios of Mercedes, Anderson Bean & Oalthe Boots are hand made in Mercedes, Texas-deep South Texas. They repair and recraft their USA made boots. They have Horsepower, Womens Macie Bean, Olathe Cowboy, Anderson Bean Kids Boots & Olathe Kids Boots made in a Factory in Leon, Mexico.

Lucchese will only repair/recraft their Lucchese Classics line of boots. Not sure about Black Jack Boots, they are ex Lucchese employees and their boots are very similar to Lucchese Classics in my opinion. You are SOL with Justin, Tony Lama, Nocona, Ariat etc., they do not repair/recraft their boots.

Edited by LonestarBlues2
  • Like 2

No, but I have a pair anyway.

Boots, to me, are not comfortable, except for snow & field conditions.

But, I've used Combat (2 styles), Jump, Jungle, Tankers, Mickie Mouse (very cold weather) don't know real name, Matterhorn, Hot Weather (like Jungle, but Black ), Steel Toe Air Force (2 styles), Rubber (2 styles), & NBC.

Some were more comfortable than others:

Jump

Jungle

Tankers

Matterhorn

• Like 1

Cowboy boots are underrated IMHO. Wore a pair in HS until they fell apart. Comfy, easy on and off and they go with everything. Have only one pair now. I'd get more except they're not as practical for elder wear and they are getting too doggoned expensive (for what they are).

• Like 1

I wear my red wings or georgia logging boots everywhere...unless its summer i go bare footed lol jk...I actually only go out at night in my ninja slippers then lol jk its 6yr old red wings or my 20 year old georgia loggers year round(both steel toe)...i have some sneakers and their like new...wear them if i ... well i really havnt...

I do have some timberland boots and doc martins i paint in if i go into a spray booth.

• Like 1

I like me some good cowboy boats, got my wife and kids wearing them. Some are more comfortable then others. I am not a cowboy or pretend to be one. I just like the boots, so picture a guy wearing cowboy boots and Slayer t-shirt.

• Like 1

Dtel, great picture!!! Those hideous boots are very popular in parts of Mexico and Mexicano Dudes dance in them. I have watched videos on Mexicano Dudes making those fugly boots & dancing in their boots. They sometimes use garden hoses or long pieces of plastic to make the super long pointy flexible extensions and then cover it with the vamp leather.

Boots will last a very long time if you take care of them, keep your boots clean and regularly use leather conditioner on them-Kiwi, Bick4, Lexol, Cadillac etc. The leather on your boots is just like your skin and needs moisture from the leather conditioner to keep the leather soft & supple. Don't know if any of y'all have ever seen severely dryed out leather on boots, the leather is hard and non flexible. Most boots can be resoled & reheeled by a competent boot/shoe repair shop. I have had multiple pairs of boots resoled/reheeled. My oldest pair of boots are a pair of Acme wingtip boots from high school bought in 1976. I have Tony Lama Black Label elephant boots from 1986. Elephant boots are the toughest leather a boot can be made of. You can wear the snot out of them, elephant leather is like an old Timex watch, it takes it a lickin' & keeps on tickin'.

Edited by LonestarBlues2

• Moderators
Those hideous boots are very popular in parts of Mexico and Mexicano Dudes dance in them. I have watched videos on Mexicano Dudes making those fugly boots & dancing in their boots. They sometimes use garden hoses or long pieces of plastic to make the super long pointy flexible extensions and then cover it with the vamp leather.

I had remembered seeing a pic of them in the news a good while back, I went looking for a pic because I thought it was funny and did see some videos, now that's really funny.

It seems the more gaudy the better, they put disco balls, glitter, lights, anything really.

Edited by dtel

Boxx, I fixed your boots for you.

Still mad about the "second" put back on the game clock, I see....

You better believe it, what kind of Cornhusker fan would I be if I didn't hold a grudge against Texas. I will however let you in on a little secrete, someday the wife and I do plan to possibly move to Texas, kind of our second pick vs here where we where raised.

• Like 1