Anyone Else Like/Wear Cowboy Boots?

LonestarBlues2

Yep, when I retired and moved back to Texas I had to go out and find the right pair of boots for me. I hadn't worn Cowboy boots since I was a kid. Mine are Handmade Lucchese Classics. I don't wear them every day, only for dress up type occasions.

300195053_KC-IMG_0099.thumb.jpg.a2c65480dcbc273d251da18e1c9bc7db.jpg

I ordered a pair of Tecovas Tuesday night. They shipped Wednesday from out yonder in Texas and arrived today (Friday). One size too small. Called  a few hours ago inquiring about exchanging. Told the little lady that I was going to reorder a larger size today and return the small pair Monday. She asked for my order number and said she would ship them this afternoon. Nice Customer Service.

The boots. I love the Bourbon color. The boots fit like a glove even though my toes touched the toe in this first pair. The leather is soft and supple, more so than others I have tried on. We'll see how the next size up will work out.

I decided I would visit a boot store and talk with a guy that has been in the shoe business for many years. He measured both feet and declared 'You need an 11D'. He grabbed a pair of Dan Post boots for a test run in 10.5 and 11. The Dan Post 11's fit better but didn't fit/lovingly encompass my foot like the Tecovas did. The wife commented that they looked 'nice' and encouraged me to buy them, so I did. I'll use them to break-in/break-down my feet until the Tecovas arrive. If the boot deal doesn't work out I'll archive them in the closet with my Allen Edmonds collection.

I paid the guy and he asked if I was ready for him to fit me in a hat. I told him I would have to come back because I didn't want to leave my horse in the parking lot too long. YEE-HAW!

Tecovas Nolan Bourban 2.jpg

Dan Post.jpg