UT 3670 Autotransformer

Deang

That's about a $1.48 to the GBP right now. That's better than last Fall, when it was close to $1.70. They do ship to the U.S.

Probably not very cost effective to buy a product made in the US, shipped to England and then shipped back. :o

Edited by Marvel

That's about a $1.48 to the GBP right now. That's better than last Fall, when it was close to $1.70. They do ship to the U.S.

Probably not very cost effective to buy a product made in the US, shipped to England and then shipped back. :o

their prices on the flat stacks are better then any vendor in the US and Canada ( though Sonic Craft has them on sale now in high voltage )...

also look at their prices on matched pairs of V-Caps compared to anywhere in the US and then feel free to correct your statement...

the shipping is no more then domestic and the only negative is it takes a week to arrive....

Hi Al, thanks for the heads up. Keep in mind that as an OEM, I get special pricing on these things. If I had to build with the pricing that everyone else is subjected to, it really wouldn't be practical to build with them. I build simple filters, and there are limits to what people will pay for a network that only has a handful of parts on it (and it doesn't matter how good the parts are or how good it supposedly sounds).

I suppose I will shoot off an email to Chris over at Jupiter and find out what the differences are between the "Vintage" Flats and the others. If it's just the voltage rating, and/or has more to do with marketing nomenclature than anything else, then I guess I'm still good to go. I also need to point out that just because a site claims to have something, doesn't mean they do -- one vendor is particularly bad about this.

nice. I don't know if beeswax is any better than shellac.

I have an old compressor container. I fill it with shellac and put OPT or inductors or whatever I wind into it and put everything under 60PSI pressure. shellac will fill every molecule. just for 1 minute and then I put them in a chemistry laboratory center-fuse with moderate speed rotation. all extra shellac will be wiped out then put it in a warm place to dry.

Try pulling a Vacume on your container one time using your method, i think you will see a drastic difference.

Like ZERO bubbles on the finished product,