Anyone familiar with Danley Labs?

pgh

Just curious if anyone has heard any of the Danley Labs products, and what was their impression. They were recently installed at a local college football stadium, and were said to be impressive. A Youtube video was made of the test, but you can't tell much about sound quality from a video.

• Like 1

If I ever win the lottery, I will put a trio of Jericho Horns behind the screen of my new home theater. I will let you know how they sound.

LSU Tiger Stadium "...includes eighteen Jericho Horns and six “Rock Monster” subwoofers. Fourteen Danley J3-64 full-range Jericho Horns comprise the bulk of the new system, while four Danley J4-31 high-frequency Jericho Horns contribute to the system’s amazing high-end throw. Six Danley TH-812 “Rock Monster” subwoofers fill out the bottom of the system with thunderous low end. Four Danley SH-96s, four Danley SH-64s, four Danley SM-80s, and twenty Danley SH-MINIs provide fill for areas not directly covered by the Jericho Horns. A 32-channel Yamaha LS9 provides a familiar front end, while a QSC Q-Sys processing system feeds twenty-four Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q and 20000Q amplifiers behind the scenes."

http://blog.svconline.com/briefingroom/2014/01/15/lsu-roars-with-danley/

• Like 1

I have twin Danely DTS-10 subs that are 100 db output for a 1W input. I'm running about 300 WPC, but usually less than 1/4 of a watt for music is all I need per bin, since I only have about 32 dB of headroom and would have about 42 db of headroom if I ran the maximum 2,000 Watts per bin. My RTA says they get down to 8 Hz. in my room, and I have NEVER lacked bass on movie LFE tracks even with only about 1/7th their power rating. On the "Flight of the Phoenix" plane crash they rattle the windows, the floor, any loose doors, door knocker AND the couch frame I'm sitting on. I have no need for more.

Tom Danley is the King of bass and nothing touches his products in terms of performance for home or stadiums, except maybe Klipsch if they were in the stadium market, but they are not.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

some of their smaller stuff is impressive too. A friend build some Danley Lab subs with 2x12 for pro use, it's a long folded horn in a pretty portable cabinet. Yorkville U15 series uses a Danley design with 3x5" drivers arranged around a conical horn, with HF horn at the apex. Totally passivly time aligned. Yes he's a genius.

some of their smaller stuff is impressive too. A friend build some Danley Lab subs with 2x12 for pro use, it's a long folded horn in a pretty portable cabinet. Yorkville U15 series uses a Danley design with 3x5" drivers arranged around a conical horn, with HF horn at the apex. Totally passivly time aligned. Yes he's a genius.

Welcome back Mike. We missed ya around here.

• Like 1

I have twin Danely DTS-10 subs that are 100 db output for a 1W input. I'm running about 300 WPC, but usually less than 1/4 of a watt for music is all I need per bin, since I only have about 32 dB of headroom and would have about 42 db of headroom if I ran the maximum 2,000 Watts per bin. My RTA says they get down to 8 Hz. in my room, and I have NEVER lacked bass on movie LFE tracks even with only about 1/7th their power rating. On the "Flight of the Phoenix" plane crash they rattle the windows, the floor, any loose doors, door knocker AND the couch frame I'm sitting on. I have no need for more.

Tom Danley is the King of bass and nothing touches his products in terms of performance for home or stadiums, except maybe Klipsch if they were in the stadium market, but they are not.

I can attest to that. I experienced Claudes Danley's and they rattle the whole house and parts of your body you forgot you had ! I think those things could rupture some Implants :D