Cornwall 1983 1.5 version for sale………SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD !

allmanbros

ok, if I understand what the guy told me pictures are now attached! Sorry but I had to start a new thread to do this, at least that is what the Apple guy told me!…..these are the Cornwalls in Knoxville Tennessee as described in an earlier post.

post-58185-0-88020000-1400436887_thumb.j

post-58185-0-32620000-1400436892_thumb.j

post-58185-0-06820000-1400436907_thumb.j

post-58185-0-20820000-1400436917_thumb.j

Edited by allmanbros

Thanks!….these are in really great shape to be 30+ years old….and the 1.5 version is somewhat of a rarity I would assume….used them with a Mac 4100…sounded great to me, but I think many feel as if tubes really bring out the best in these….put on Phil Collins In the Air Tonight and hold on!…..whoever gets these will be very happy for sure!

Surprisingly Cornwalls are still on the market……not listed elsewhere and I would much prefer someone from this forum get them…..again these are about as mint cosmetically as you can get……they are not stock however, as the x-over has been rebuilt with high quality parts and Bob Crites replacement diaphragms in the tweeters…..these are easily worth the $1000 asking price, but I would like to move these sooner rather than later…..do I hear $900?

They both look identical….consecutive serial numbers 3y439 and 440…..I would venture to say Knoxville, Tn. is a bit more convenient than Tupelo, Miss. where I went to get them, although Tupelo has some serious BBQ joints!…..guess it all depends on where you are starting from though….Cornwalls are just too big/heavy to ship in my mind and these are in too good shape to strap on a pallet and hope for the best…..I am patient and will give more time…these is someone out there somewhere, just like I was.

There is no official model 1.5 Cornwall, but some on this forum gave models produced between about 1981 and 1985 this nickname because during that span Klipsch used some drivers not used in Cornwall 1's and also not used in Cornwall 11's….if you want a more specific picture, please go to my original post (the one without pictures) and scroll down to the post with a Cornwall timeline attachment and it will give more specific driver info for this set which was produced in 1983…..you should also be able to go to Klipsch website under Heritage/Cornwall and find the same info…..basically the 1.5 is neither a I or a II model, thus 1.5 is somewhere in between….still all Klipsch (except for the upgrades previously mentioned) and still legendary Cornwalls and if anything a bit rarer than others…hope this helps explain.

Wow!…..a beautiful pair of walnut Cornwalls in fine shape, fair price, 344 views, 17 replies, one small bite on day one, and that's it!……someone suggested it is the location that is problematic…..Knoxville, Tn. is very reachable by a lot of people in a days ride, and I am 2 minutes off I75-40 on the west side…..and I will be glad to meet a buyer within reason to help them out…..absolutely no quality issues with these Cornwalls and prospective buyer should not worry about that…..if a prospect knows someone in the area and would like them to come give a listen, I can accommodate that as well….these need to go to a Klipsch fan who wants to buy a bit of audio history….I am sure there are a few equal pair out there, but not many better as far as cosmetics and upgrades….remember these have rebuilt crossovers (David Harris), Crites tweeter diaphragms , and Hovland and Sonicaps as capacitors…..perfect grills w/ logos, no edges dinged, beautiful wood grain, risers,….I will be away starting tomorrow until the 9th, but will reply as soon as I return…..