Cornwall 1983 1.5 version for sale………SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD !

allmanbros

There is no official model 1.5 Cornwall, but some on this forum gave models produced between about 1981 and 1985 this nickname because during that span Klipsch used some drivers not used in Cornwall 1's and also not used in Cornwall 11's….if you want a more specific picture, please go to my original post (the one without pictures) and scroll down to the post with a Cornwall timeline attachment and it will give more specific driver info for this set which was produced in 1983…..you should also be able to go to Klipsch website under Heritage/Cornwall and find the same info…..basically the 1.5 is neither a I or a II model, thus 1.5 is somewhere in between….still all Klipsch (except for the upgrades previously mentioned) and still legendary Cornwalls and if anything a bit rarer than others…hope this helps explain.

I invented that terminology when I worked at Klipsch to describe the many somewhat bizarre combinations that many Forum members had reported. Whenever Klipsch used a different driver than that 'specified', there was generally a crossover tweak to accommodate the change.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

These are STILL on the market….perhaps the demand for Klipsch heritage speakers, particularly near mint Cornwalls has peaked…..so being a charitable fellow, I will offer these one last time at $800, and if no suitable buyers surface at this price, well, let's hope there is a audiophile out there somewhere nearby that won't let these slip away…..these are the "holy grail of speakers" in the minds of many, or that is what I read…there was an "outcry" from consumers when Klipsch discontinued Cornwalls, at least that is what I read….if you are looking for a restoration project, these aren't for you….if you want a pair of damn near mint Klipsch Cornwalls with top shelf upgrades already in place, at a price that is more than reasonable, these aren for you and are F

Sitting here in Atlanta. Knowing those Cornwalls are still available and fairly close is torture. Hope you sell them soon! I don't need the temptation to spend money I should hold on to...... Really, good luck with the sale.

There are great folk in my old hometown, that scruffy home of the Volunteers; they must not be getting your message.

These are a great deal. Thank god I am 12 hours away. Only Minermark could pull of this kind of road trip!

Is MinerMark the new me?? I've gone Indy to Miami twice and a bunch of other places for Klipsch speakers.. always worth the road trip!

These are a great deal. Thank god I am 12 hours away. Only Minermark could pull of this kind of road trip!

Is MinerMark the new me?? I've gone Indy to Miami twice and a bunch of other places for Klipsch speakers.. always worth the road trip!

I would love to see an inventory of your stuff!

used to be. I never used it, I just went and fetched them. Sadly, the cost of fuel for my pickup truck negates the value of traveling very far for loudspeakers. My first trip was up near Picky's for a minty set of LSI-BG. I've got some H and CW that I'd like to reveneer someday, but sometimes you can't beat a really clean pair of low-owner speakers like the one pictured here. Klipsch got some really beautiful veneer 'back in the day'. Today's stuff is paper thin, scratches/dents easily (with MDF behind it).

That's just a Tad outside my range, I am up to 500 + or - miles one way, as of last weekend though.

Edited by minermark

a fair question dwilbourn…..fact is I have too many speakers….Tyler Acoustics Taylos, Heresy II, and a pair of freshly restored New Large Advents….and somewhat of a small listening area…..made a deal with my wife that I would keep these a couple years and alas my time is up…..some say you either love or hate horn loaded speakers, but I kinda straddle the fence…..still can get the horn sound with the Heresies if need be, but right now the Advents are singing pretty good for me….if I had ample space, no doubt the Cornwalls would stay, but a deal is a deal with the wife and time to move on and let someone else enjoy these!

who cares... do you want them or not?

Who cares..............WHY DO YOU ASK?

do you really need to be a confrontational numbskull... is that what they teach you in firearms training? :emotion-55:

Edited by Schu

allman, thanks for the reply, the other members lack of civility is a disgrace, find something else to do with your time than be rude guys. I think it is good to know by those who do care why someone is selling a valuable object. Peace with the wife is an essential goal as well :) I will run the numbers and get back with you, need to do some measurements myself. They are pretty, and I am missing the horn sound. Do you have any detail on the crossover upgrades? Thanks again.