Cornwall 1983 1.5 version for sale………SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD !

allmanbros

a fair question dwilbourn…..fact is I have too many speakers

who cares... do you want them or not?

Who cares..............WHY DO YOU ASK?

do you really need to be a confrontational numbskull... is that what they teach you in firearms training? :emotion-55:

Yep to the first of your questions.. I felt the Newbe had a valid question which you put him down for asking. The OP did not appear to be offended and answered the question. Your way to make him feel welcome I guess. Or is it unwelcome? And as far as being confrontational, I've been that way all my life. If I think someone is being a bu*t I tend to call them on it.

It just seems like I see snide comments from a certain party that are not in the usual humorous manor that I enjoy seeing here.

I guess I should just accept that there are people that enjoy making others uncomfortable (most every where you go) when they join a new to them group. Can you say BULLY.

Firearms training taught me to keep things in perspective and control my temper. Also taught me gun control which is hitting what I shoot at. ​I want to make it very clear that this will not escalate to that point. Not going to happen. I don't want anyone feeling I am threatening them. I would quit reading the forum before becoming that angry.

I'll get off my high horse now, and ask if you'd like to do the same. This forum is bigger then the both of us, and thankfully so.

Have a nice day.

John

Edited by Taz

Not knowing how willing the OP might be to accomodate....

If someone wants to buy these, I'd be happy to pick them up & store them at my place until you can make efforts to get them.

Side note, my brother in law sometimes travels to various places to haul equipment to or from. I can't speak for him at this point but it's also possible that we might be able to get them into a closer neighborhood depending on where you (a prospective buyer) are and if/when he does another road trip.

To be perfectly transparent (which in todays' world means there is something to hide generally) and fair to my wife, she actually loves the music the Cornwalls put out…..her favorite artist is Rosanne Cash/The List, and there is some great music on that cd….there is no mandate that these must go, however they are dominate in our living room. I love the Cornwalls and all they stand for, but they are not the be all end all to me….not sure what speakers that would actually be…life is a road trip!…….man I went from almost zero responses to Klipsch Forum rage in a few short posts…..I am talking with another forum member at this point and I will offer him first right of refusal……it's all good fellas!

dwilbourne…. all I know about the crossover upgrades is what the seller told me when I bought them and how he represented them in his post…..I wrote down his description specifically from his post and it reads…..Gothover (David Harris) rebuilt crossover , rebuilt Alnico K77 with new diaphragms from Bob Crites…Hovland caps mid and Sonicaps tweeter….I have not opened them up to confirm all this but I am going to do that asap…..probably naive on my part but I tend to be trusting probably more than others would…I will say that while I was back and forth with the seller, Colterphoto1, who seems to have a good rep on this forum verified as a third party with I assume no interest either way that the seller was accurately representing the speakers…I will check them out and confirm as best i can these upgrades….Colterphoto1 hope you don't mind the reference….if you do, my apologies and I will cease and desist (sp?)

I think I am the "other forum member" you referenced. Last week I was involved in a nasty discussion about whether I should have the right to buy a piece of equipment over someone else. My position was it was the first "firm offer." The seller agreed. As Bill was the first "firm offer" I defer to him.

Earl

I think I am the "other forum member" you referenced. Last week I was involved in a nasty discussion about whether I should have the right to buy a piece of equipment over someone else. My position was it was the first "firm offer." The seller agreed. As Bill was the first "firm offer" I defer to him.

Earl

I would have liked to have read that thread before it vanished. Of course I like train wrecks too.

Schu,

You often have good comments and obviously have knowledge relating to this hobby. But with all due respect, sometimes your comments are hurtful. I know that it is difficult to formulate a joke in emails or forums, (and I certainly haven't mastered it!) but maybe we all have to think about how what we say is taken. I am not holding myself out as the paragon of virtue - far from it. But I have grown to like many of the people on the Forum and hate to see conflict. God knows, I get enough of that on the job!

Earl

Edited by eth2

Earl

I would have liked to have read that thread before it vanished. Of course I like train wrecks too.

Yah - it got ugly. I was embarrassed and disappointed in myself after the fact.

if this thread were a ship it'd be the Edmund Fitzgerald

With apologies to the late Gordon Lightfoot

The tweeter and woofers made a tattle-tale sound

And the crossovers sounded dead hollow

And every man knew, as the DJ did too

'Twas the witch of BOSE speakers come stealin'

The dawn came late and the Coffee and Cables had to wait

When the nasty posters came slashin'

When afternoon came it was the same old refrain

With another OP gettin' hammered

When suppertime came, the cassette deck was playin'

Singin' "Fellas, I'm as good as old vinyl

At seven PM all the posters chimed in

Sayin, "Fellas, the cassette decks unreelin'"

The Moderator wired in he had thread crap comin' in

And the Forum was now in great peril

And later that night when the tube amp's lights went out of sight

Came the wreck of the Klipsch Forum mighty

Does anyone know where the love of BOXX goes

When nasty posts turn the minutes to hours?

The Queen she did say

There are "Warnings" on the way

With the wreck of the Klipsch Posters Forum

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

The Queen she did say

I never seen a man MORE in Dire need of a bottle of the Duggans..........

• Like 2

The Queen she did say

lol man. lol