Have Icons - is it worth the extra money for Reference

Dreadneck13

Scrappydue, you enabler you.

i only try to help others not make the same "mistakes" i did by overpaying and give as much advice as i can on all the speakers i have heard. same as youth. i like to hear em all that way i have an arsenal of knowledge for the curious ones

Is it really possible to overpay for a great quality klipsch? Retail seems a fair price for their quality... Overpaying would be going the bose route. Btw, my wife's uncle is an adamant bose believer. When I showed him last night what 2 little klipsch sattelites sounded like, he told me to find a pair for him...

BEHOLD THE POWER OF KLIPSCH!!! Converting the world, one believer at a time.

Is it really possible to overpay for a great quality klipsch
IMO yes. there are guys out there that think there 40 year old heresy's are brand new and price them accordingly. also paying 1200 plus tax for rf-82's at a store is a bit on the high side when you can get em for 900ish with no tax and free shipping online.
Overpaying would be going the bose route.
true. i had a bose system in 2005 before i bought my first klipsch setup. however i didn't have the cube's. i had 6 bose 301's and a vcs-10 with a velodyne minivee. and for a barracks room it was pretty dang nice home theater. i had no problem packing the room with friends for a pizza and movie night once in a while.

I got my RF-62, RC-62 and RB-61 combo a little over a month ago and I am totally loving it. I have owned some higher end Klipsch speakers and this system is probably the best "bang for buck" system out there. I also just ordered a RSW-12d sub to test out, can't wait to try it. You will need to add a sub to the new system but just keep scouring CL and ebay.

Congrats on your new system, you are going to love it!

Sorry guys, I am always messing up the Klipsch subwoofer models. I grabbed a RW-12D off ebay last night for $240, not a RSW-12D.

I am still on the lookout for a RT-12D or a RSW-15, I loved my little RSW-10. I almost passed out typing that;)

Edited by K5SS

• Moderators
Scrappydue, you enabler you.
i only try to help others not make the same "mistakes" i did by overpaying and give as much advice as i can on all the speakers i have heard. same as youth. i like to hear em all that way i have an arsenal of knowledge for the curious ones

I know but I have to give someone a hard time, it was Youthman the other day :D Your right it's really the whole idea is to help people find the best sound they can afford. People here have saved me a lot, and gave me the ability to get way more than I could have on my own, and much quicker.

The PA 150 is a nice subwoofer and will keep up with any of the Reference line. It will not give you much below 20 Hz. output but, what sub for $350-400.00 does. It is capable of extreme output. It is still one my favorites subs that I have owned.

The PA 150 is a nice subwoofer and will keep up with any of the Reference line. It will not give you much below 20 Hz. output but, what sub for $350-400.00 does. It is capable of extreme output. It is still one my favorites subs that I have owned.

Yea, I did notice that it didn't much out lower than 20hz - but I didn't really see any subs better in the 600 or less price range (600 would be my max). I can get the PA150 for 399.00

I did order it, got the PA-150 for 399.00 shipped. I spoke to Mike at Acoustic Sound Design and asked if this was the best sub for under $600 (the max I wanted to spend on a sub) for clean and low bass I could feel - he said 100% yes. I suppose I could return it if I'm not happy but yea, I want to feel the bass in movies. I also will still have my Infinity sub hooked up. I really couldn't find any sub for under 600 that had great db in the lower HZ. All the others on that list were >1500 dollars. I would love one that performed well in the 12-16hz - I just don't think they are under 2k. Do you know of any?

Edited by Dreadneck13
  • Like 1

Looks like both the SVS PB-1000 and the Rythmik Audio LV12r has lower end output than the PA-150. My goal was to get the lowest output I could for Home Theater with a clean tight sound staying under 600.00. Hard to say without listening which would be best. I have a fairly large room to fill. I really want low output, clean and tight response since this setup is 90% movies and games (and TV).

Maybe I should increase my budget to get what I am after. I would rather increase the budget and put the money toward an awesome sub the delivers clean lows than spend $400 on a sub that doesn't give me what I want. The PA-150 won't arrive until Thursday so I have time to do more research and see what the return options are. I bought the sub and the Klipsch speakers from Mike @ acoustic Sound Design. Again,he recommended the PA-150 and I did ask him if this was the best sub capable of producing the lowest frequencies for $600 or less and he did say 100% yes - maybe they just don't deal with the other subs that could do better.