(Sold) Klipsch Quartets, Acurus A100x3 Amp, and Acurus Act3 Pre-Amp For Sale

jlfx64

I took a shot and bought the Quartets and I just wanted to leave some outstanding feedback for jfix64. He went above and beyond anything I expected for packing and shipping, and clearly put some extensive time in doing this right, I'd say in all the years of auction buying, these were the single best packing effort I've ever seen.

Speakers were just as described.

Will be refinishing these, but couldn't be happier with a great, great transaction!

• Like 1

Hey, just got back from vacation and the Acurus gear is still for sale. I've gotten some interest on the local Craig's list, but nothing solid at this point. I'm surprised that I haven't gotten any interest here!

Hey, just got back from vacation and the Acurus gear is still for sale. I've gotten some interest on the local Craig's list, but nothing solid at this point. I'm surprised that I haven't gotten any interest here!

Me too.

Bill

Ok folks, prices have been dropped. The price for both the Amp and Pre-Amp is now $400 plus actual shipping and packing material charges! I will now state with confidence that you will not find a better performing combination at this price outside of a gold strike at a yard sale! Someone please jump on this offer, I need this gear gone!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Acurus is great. If i needed another Amp i would be knocking at the door since i live close by. Never use my system much anymnore.

Thats what happens when your sell your klipsch :rolleyes:

I stopped buying BD's and 90% of what i watch is old 60's and 70's stuff from tv.

Edited by CHASLS2

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead!  I ended up holding on to the combo and paired it with some KLF 10's.  My man cave is being scaled down, so there is not room for this gear any more.  If I need to set up a new thread, I will, just thought I would include some of the previous interations on here so you can get some opinions.  Let me know if you have questions.

Let me think think about the Acurus combo a little while.  Any package deals with them?

Any possible trades?

How well did the A100x3 drive your KLF10's?

Bill

Hey Bill, good to hear from you! 

-Package - Do you mean AMP + Pre-Amp?  Definitely willing to wheel and deal.  If you are interested in the KLF 10's, even more so.

-My idea is to try to set up a decent headphone setup instead of the big speakers.  I have also gotten into vinyl, so phono pre-outs will be important to me.  Haven't done the research here yet to know what I am looking for, but I'm willing to listen if you have something that fits the bill.

-How does the setup drive the KLF 10's?  Without breaking a sweat!  I wouldn't even dream of taking the combo to max volume!  The KLF 10's have Crites tweeters installed, FYI.

Does your ACT-3 have any of thee upgrades?  The final Klipsch upgrade, with 7.1 analog inputs, made it an outstanding piece.  I wish I still had mine. 

From the photos on the first page I would say not.

Bill

Does your ACT-3 have any of thee upgrades?  The final Klipsch upgrade, with 7.1 analog inputs, made it an outstanding piece.  I wish I still had mine. 

From the photos on the first page I would say not.

Bill

I do not believe this unit has any upgrades.  As I recall from a while back, I knew about the 7.1 and Bass Boost upgrades.  For purchasing purposes, you should assume none of the upgrades have been done.