RE The Non Pilgrimage of 2014

I have not been very active on the Forum over the past few yrs. I read some of the postings here (after migrating to the new Forum system and the new look). Looks like a few folks got together in Hope in late March, but sounded like less than dozen. When I last knew a few things about the company, ?Fred Klipsch was running things, but basically was not interested in us (c. 2007), likely as he had bigger fish to fry. I have no idea what is going on with the company now. Let's face it, the "kids" (those of the IPod generation) have Zero interest in speakers that weigh more than they do. Too bad for them. But in a bad economy, they also don't have the money for Heritage speakers.

Even the worst marketing folks know that free and easy P R by keeping product users happy is very desirable - but only if the users are touting the currently sold and profitable products. It would have been nice to have more warm fuzzies from Klipsch than just the website at this time. Oh well…..

From what I gather, there is no other planned get together this spring / summer.

FWIW, I have moved again, having started a new job at The National Cancer Institute, part of the NIH in the DC area. Awesome job, but I do miss New Orleans. Any members from the DC area, please say hello !! In the meantime, let’s for some type of GTG in 2015, even if informal and not in conjunction with Klipsch as a company.

….NOLA….. :((

• Like 2

In the meantime, let’s for some type of GTG in 2015, even if informal and not in conjunction with Klipsch as a company.

we're way ahead of you sport. get your name on the list..

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149283-send-a-pm-to-dave-fop-and-heritage-klipsch-employee-appreciation-day/

Haven't heard anything about anything official.... but there's a bit of a tinge of the smell of rotting fish when I drive by Klipsch HQ. Maybe it's the RCA logo on one end. Maybe it has to do with Professor Thump leaving, gettin' hitched, and movin' west with his beautiful new wife.. And Steve Phillips leaving, long time customer service engineer with vast knowledge of all things Klipsch, including Heritage.

Maybe the dadburned Energizer bunny spilled battery acid all over things.

There's even a rumor that Trey isn't working in engineering anymore.

What's a brewin'? I dunno. Maybe it's just a bad dream. Such as the one where Audiovoxx bought Klipsch and everyone was jumping out of their basement windows.

I have not been very active on the Forum over the past few yrs. I read some of the postings here (after migrating to the new Forum system and the new look). Looks like a few folks got together in Hope in late March, but sounded like less than dozen. When I last knew a few things about the company, ?Fred Klipsch was running things, but basically was not interested in us (c. 2007), likely as he had bigger fish to fry. I have no idea what is going on with the company now. Let's face it, the "kids" (those of the IPod generation) have Zero interest in speakers that weigh more than they do. Too bad for them. But in a bad economy, they also don't have the money for Heritage speakers.

Even the worst marketing folks know that free and easy P R by keeping product users happy is very desirable - but only if the users are touting the currently sold and profitable products. It would have been nice to have more warm fuzzies from Klipsch than just the website at this time. Oh well…..

From what I gather, there is no other planned get together this spring / summer.

FWIW, I have moved again, having started a new job at The National Cancer Institute, part of the NIH in the DC area. Awesome job, but I do miss New Orleans. Any members from the DC area, please say hello !! In the meantime, let’s for some type of GTG in 2015, even if informal and not in conjunction with Klipsch as a company.

Hey NOLA,

Get signed up for the April 10, 11, & 12th 2015 gathering in Hope. It should be a really good time. I know of several that are planning on coming that aren't on the list.

Roger

• Like 1

Right on Roger...I appreciate your ability to share...I absolutely want to hear the 600 stacks....I would show up in hope just to hear them! I believe the kp600's will make several others i have talked to very very happy as well. I sincerely mean that...

graciously,

Mark

Pm if you need a hand....im from ohio and coming from ft wayne indiana next year...I will tugg on Daves ear to see what i can do also with others i have talked to about finding a good spot for the headliners(kp600 stacks) in hope 2015....Back to the other pm dave for appreciation day thread...CHEERS!!!

Thats awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the kp600's are in the feature! Id love to hear them!!

Pretty sure that's covered Beeker, just need a bigger veniew than the Super 8 to cut them loose.

Rog

They actually have quite a bit of room.

• Like 1

Thats awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the kp600's are in the feature! Id love to hear them!!

Pretty sure that's covered Beeker, just need a bigger veniew than the Super 8 to cut them loose.

Rog

They actually have quite a bit of room.

Carl,

I have been to Hope and by the super 8 before.

Steve Kovats aka fyrpwr said he wasn't going to bring his to play at the super 8. A pair of KP-600 stacks is supposed to be enough sound reinforcement for 2,500 people. Remember the story about the lady that called the cops from 3 miles away with MWMs!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer