RE The Non Pilgrimage of 2014

Rotting fish?? That was a little harsh, Ben!

Probably a bit harsh but in all fairness I was following a garbage truck one day. (Note to self - don't follow garbage truck)

I'm 1/2 Swedish, one of those Scandinavian peoples who eat Lutfisk which I think translates to rotting fish found on beach. .

So what is with RCA logo on building? Voxx filling up whole building with it's brands?

Hoping for a Pilgrimage this year but it's late May so might not happen. Y'all probably busy with all the bluetooth speakers and other things including crazy new horn loaded vented cinema subs.

Edited by blsamuel

• Moderators
So what is with RCA logo on building? Voxx filling up whole building with it's brands?

There have been several tenants throughout the years - we've never filled the entire building. Since Voxx owns it now, they moved in their employees who were working out of an office in Carmel (10 minutes from here) a couple years ago, which includes their RCA division. They work out of the second floor of that wing that says RCA. Klipsch occupies all of the bottom floor, half of the 1st, half of the 2nd and all of the 3rd floors.

There have been several tenants throughout the years - we've never filled the entire building. Since Voxx owns it now, they moved in their employees who were working out of an office in Carmel (10 minutes from here) a couple years ago, which includes their RCA division. They work out of the second floor of that wing that says RCA. Klipsch occupies all of the bottom floor, half of the 1st, half of the 2nd and all of the 3rd floors.

So will RCA get back in the TV biz? Maybe you can get a discount? Maybe they do make TVs? I think they stopped a few years back.

So will RCA get back in the TV biz? Maybe you can get a discount? Maybe they do make TVs? I think they stopped a few years back.

I think it was in the late 70's that an American company last built a color TV from the ground up. America sold out a long time ago and we can see what that did. The phrase "Made in America" used to mean quality. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators
And Steve Phillips leaving, long time customer service engineer with vast knowledge of all things Klipsch, including Heritage.
That's a loss, too. Where is he going?

Steve retired. Sadly for us, happily for him.

What's Trey doing now if he's not in engineering??

Trey is working in the Professional speaker division now. I'm not sure what his exact title is...

I called him the other day when I stopped for gas across Michigan Road to see what's up. I think he said something to do with sales but I've slept since then and I hadn't slept much then for a few days so was in brain dump mode.. So maybe he's working on getting all Klipsch PA installed in the Klipsch Music Center?

... I have no idea what is going on with the company now. Let's face it, the "kids" (those of the IPod generation) have Zero interest in speakers that weigh more than they do. Too bad for them. But in a bad economy, they also don't have the money for Heritage speakers....

...FWIW, I have moved again, having started a new job at The National Cancer Institute, part of the NIH in the DC area. Awesome job, but I do miss New Orleans. Any members from the DC area, please say hello !! ...

In the meantime, let’s for some type of GTG in 2015, even if informal and not in conjunction with Klipsch as a company.

Many now think of Klipsch as a headphone company. Starting with the in ear monitors introduced at Pilgrimage 2007 the first I attended and have since branched out into on ear and over ear models. We have an original Custom 2, an Image X10 acquired a year later, 2 sets of Image A5i - I got one to use as a phone headset and Alea commandeered them, and most recently over / around the ear Status I won in Klipsch Twitter #UnleashRoy contest. Woo Hoo! Like the in ear models, they are very good. Of the in ears the Custom 3 were my favorite sound wise of the original with the X5 coming in close and winning as small like the X10 (originally IMAGE) though not as tiny as the X10. The X7i are the favorite sound quality wise of the current models I've heard.

Wow. New Orleans to DC. Hope you're adjusting to the weather.

I'm not sure I've seen anything saying that there won't be a Pilgrimage this summer but no word yet. They have been pretty busy with some new phones and wireless speakers. And a horn loaded / vented professional cinema sub.

I'm sure there are more crazy things in the work.

• Moderators
Many now think of Klipsch as a headphone company.

This is not a bad thing. Name recognition is half the battle. Now when they shop for home audio, they'll remember. :)

• Like 3