FS Mother subwoofer in cab - JBL 2245h

Charles Turner

JBL 2245h 18" (professional) speaker in very nice flat black cabinet - best offer over $60.

It really pains me to do this but I have to offer this up. WAF is -10. The only reason it is still in the house is I hid it under some other items in an unused upstairs bedroom. Cabinet is 34" tall, 30" wide, 20" deep. The cabinet is very nice...it has two recessed metal handles on each side, rounded corners, internal bracing, no noticeable dings, and was spray painted flat black. The speaker is legendary 95 spl, 20-2000 Hz, and 300-600 watts. I really do not want to sell speaker by itself. I you want to pull the speaker out and put the cabinet on the curb so be it. But you will never be able to make a cabinet as nice as this one. Local pickup only...located in Far North Dallas at 75252.

I purchased this years ago, see link to thread below, for $10 at a local church sale. My best guess is that it was used for an organ. I bought a foam kit, cleaned it up, added another coat of flat black paint and the family let me bring it in the house. I changed the connection on the back to 1/4" plug but I left intact the original banana plugs. The $60 or better offer covers my cost. It had very limited use, maybe 30 minutes worth, running off my son's bass guitar amp. For those 30 minutes the entire house, windows included, vibrated at what I would guess to be 5 watts. I would guess the weight to be around 150 lbs. The recone kit was for two speakers and I will try to find the other set. I will drag it to the top of the staircase but you take it from there...I have a bad knee...it can not be carried downstairs and across the marble floors by less than two people.

I have a lot of vintage audio gear I plan to sell but this is the first, and unexplainably, the hardest.

I can't make the link to the original post work but search under 2 channel for Charles Turner - what is this speaker?

I would prefer a local pickup but primarily I want it to go to a good home. Barring any local pickups you are first in line. I plan to make a decision after the holiday. I would take it to the local UPS store, let them pack and box it to your specifications, and ask you to make an offer and pay the UPS fees. You can PM your response if you prefer.