FS : 4 Klipsch Heresy Type HIP , 4 sequential Serial numbers

gortho

I have a set of four sequential speakers, The serial numbers are sequential 5453, 5454, 5455, 5456. All working , two have a broken post but are full functional. I DID NOT TAKE A PART AND CLEAN. They are in good shape , few mount holes. They are black with rounded edges and metal grill cover over the 12" . I will post pictures tonight. I am looking to sell the set. Putting the feelers out there to see if someone in really interested in them. Would like to get a fair price for them, did research here, on eBay , craigslist and I know they have value. I would rather sell them to someone directly. Would consider partial trade. I will post pics and we can talk.

It will help your sale here if you post pics, your general location, and some history on the speakers.

Then drop your price $200 per speaker, and I'll be right over to pick those up. :D:P

WVU80

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, ANCHOR!!! In negotiating parlance, "anchoring" means being the first to draw a line in the price sand. What if he wanted $700 for the set?? Geez, I thought I taught you better than this!

BTW, I have bought four sets of Heresys recently in good/very good condition for $320 to $450 per pair on CL.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 2

It will help your sale here if you post pics, your general location, and some history on the speakers.

Then drop your price $200 per speaker, and I'll be right over to pick those up. :D:P

BTW, I have bought four sets of Heresys recently in good/very good condition for $320 to $450 per pair on CL.

hey gortho, welcome to the klipsch forum, as everyone has said above your location is very important followed by how much you want for your speakers. this site is not an auction site, you post a price you want for them and then wait and see if someone is interested.

try the completed items page ( Heresys would be the closest ) over on ebay to see if any HIP's have sold lately and for how much. that might give you a starting point on what to ask for yours. good luck

Edited by Budman
  • Like 1

what does the price of you buying some heresys have to do with the OP's sale of some HIP's

Higher post counts are important around here. Sorry to the OP, and..... Good luck with the sale! (one more post for me).

Edited by cheric

Though a reference might be helpful.

A helpful reference might be what other HIP's sold for ;)

Wasn't aware that HIP and straight Heresy's differed significantly in price. If so, you have my apology.

in my opinion they go back&forth...one will sell for more then the other...

Just dont piss this dude off eth2 lol Id like to see them and the location....the parts is what i want...although complete units would be just fine!

• Like 1

WVU80

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, ANCHOR!!! In negotiating parlance, "anchoring" means being the first to draw a line in the price sand. What if he wanted $700 for the set?? Geez, I thought I taught you better than this!

ROTFLMBO! :lol:

That's they call you, the Negotiator! B)

• 2 weeks later...

HIP's like so many 'pro' heresies, varied greatly in how they were covered and trimmed out. Handles, rounded edges, various veneers. For instance - I have owned a pair of KP250 in oak veneer with metal grills. Also many HIP were the BG version with black fibreglass, this always featured the aluminum trim for a very heavy duty cabinet. Many Heresies were custom ordered for churches and schools and there were probably a hundred veneer/color/grille schemes available at one point. Haphazard repainting or non-original drivers will always reduce the value of such speakers, as will sloppy attempts to drill out the jack cup and add 1/4" plugs or similar. Hope this helps. Photos are the best way to convey information. BTW, in this era, woofer was frequently an EV12L speaker, not the Eminence, although both may be tagged with a round Klipsch K42 emblem.

• Like 1

Good luck with your sale. Those look a little rough, but pictures of the the inside of one of them would help as the EV woofers are potentially more precious than the Eminence even though they spec. pretty close. The frame will tell us.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1