kpt-904s

Do these stock xovers have the HF boost for firing through a screen?

I think they do but can't confirm this.

I run them behind a screen so not sure if its good they do or if they would be better without.

Do you have anything like Audyssey or some other equalization tool in your system? If so, it would be able to compensate either way.

• Like 1

Do these stock xovers have the HF boost for firing through a screen?

I think they do but can't confirm this.

I run them behind a screen so not sure if its good they do or if they would be better without.

Do you have anything like Audyssey or some other equalization tool in your system? If so, it would be able to compensate either way.
Yes my avr runs macc. I don't find them too bright at all. Very smooth speakers. Edited by reference_head

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see that the compression drivers are B&C Speakers units, and not custom-branded Klipsch units. Not that it's a bad thing - the B&C compression drivers are recognized among designers as very good drivers. Also the LF drivers look like Eminence-made units, built in Kentucky, USA.

I remember when I once installed some Community iBOX pro cabinets, they were using Beyma 1.4" HF drivers with a ferrite magnet that had to be 8" diameter all by itself. Those were some phenomenal sounding drivers on the Community fiberglass horns, but I'll bet they'd also be superb with the Klipsch horns. Not that you'd want to mess with a good thing, but if new optimized crossovers could be built I'll bet it would be an incredible HF driver choice.

Edited by Taterworks

I finally took some pics and got the color right. Before blacks were gray and the color was dull. But now I have water spots lol instead. I cleaned the lens so not sure why. Any one know what cause those spots when taking a pic?

Tears of joy :biggrin:

I am restoring some 904's, and I think I may move the speaker inputs to the top or back of the speakers. I'm sure Klipsch has it's reasons for making them on the sides. The grilles Jason made inspired me. Big Cornwalls don't have wires coming in on the sides, and if I'm not going to hide these behind a screen, looks will matter.

Great looking 904's. Definitely the best I have seen! Kudos to both of you!

I am restoring some 904's, and I think I may move the speaker inputs to the top or back of the speakers. I'm sure Klipsch has it's reasons for making them on the sides. The grilles Jason made inspired me. Big Cornwalls don't have wires coming in on the sides, and if I'm not going to hide these behind a screen, looks will matter.

Great looking 904's. Definitely the best I have seen! Kudos to both of you!

Thanks, :D

They put it on the side so hook up is easyer behind the screen. More space on the side then behind is what I was told.

I ordered some cable dressing that I think/hope will look pretty nice coming down to the terminals . I will post a pic when I get it. Its black with some blue like the room.

Thanks to Jason these are some very cool looking 904s :)

Edited by reference_head

where the hell are the used 904's coming from? I've never seen a set for sale...

lol you gotta know people who know people lol. I think I started the trend lately of the 904's. Seems a very large amount of them were purchased years back. And now they are trickling to new owners such as me and plissken

where the hell are the used 904's coming from? I've never seen a set for sale...

lol you gotta know people who know people lol. I think I started the trend lately of the 904's. Seems a very large amount of them were purchased years back. And now they are trickling to new owners such as me and plissken

This is true. Its all scappys fault :P